How old is this generator?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the old LP delivery trucks. They were LP powered with a 60 gallon tank on the side. Look at them today. We had a farmer north of us that had all LP tractors with teh exception of a IH 1468. He had (3) yes three M-M A4T1600's that were LP.

He also had a 18,000 gallon fuel tank.
View attachment 1039628
In a bussines that uses a lot of fuel regardless of what they try or do, it's all about costs at the end of day! Depending on your zone/location Propane/LPG is cheaper then diesel! The cost per unit in Romania for LPG is half of diesel (1 liter).
I am sure many farmers here would use LPG in their vehicles if they could!
Same in trucking industry!
Scania is selling LPG trucks for some time now! Drivers say they feel smoother because of less vibration from engine!

In a bussines that uses a lot of fuel regardless of what they try or do, it's all about costs at the end of day! Depending on your zone/location Propane/LPG is cheaper then diesel! The cost per unit in Romania for LPG is half of diesel (1 liter).
Scania is selling LPG trucks for some time now! Drivers say they feel smoother because of less vibration from engine!

Lpg or cng? There been a big uptake for cng in short run and vocational trucks around here. I think the city busses are slowly co verting to cng as well. Still the same basic diesel engine just modified for the cng. Still has power losses, but not like lpg.

Ford also had a duel fuel cng/gasoline engine they offered in the f-250 a few years ago. Hp and torque ratings were about 15% lower on cng then gasoline. Motor tend did a nice write up.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/163-1207-2012-ford-f250-xlt-westport-cng-first-test/
I have not seen one in a F-250 but i have in a older F-150. It was a failed government vehicle that got sold at the monthly government GSA vehicle auction here. It was a couple years old with a handful of miles. It brought around $4000. It was a damm joke. The bed was about 50% tank. If you need a truck you need a truck not a car

So in US dollars or Euro what is the price per liter for each?

I have not seen one in a F-250 but i have in a older F-150. It was a failed government vehicle that got sold at the monthly government GSA vehicle auction here. It was a couple years old with a handful of miles. It brought around $4000. It was a damm joke. The bed was about 50% tank. If you need a truck you need a truck not a car
Yeah one of the big downfals of lpg/cng in a vehicle that wasn't designed for it. The newer f-250 lost about 1/3 of its cargo space. I mainly think they were trying to keep about the same miles driven per tank close to that of the normal gasoline tank, but being bi-fuel they didn't have the space under the bed for the lng/cng tank. Newer vehicles utilize different tank configurations to not hog up so much cargo space.

Yeah one of the big downfals of lpg/cng in a vehicle that wasn't designed for it. The newer f-250 lost about 1/3 of its cargo space. I mainly think they were trying to keep about the same miles driven per tank close to that of the normal gasoline tank, but being bi-fuel they didn't have the space under the bed for the lng/cng tank. Newer vehicles utilize different tank configurations to not hog up so much cargo space.
What do rural folks use for heating fuel in Eastern PA? Is it oil or LP?

What do rural folks use for heating fuel in Eastern PA? Is it oil or LP?
Seems to be a split of wood/coal, oil, propane and natural gas. In my immediate area, a lot still heat with wood/coal as sole or primary heat. Lots of people with oil yet. Seems when the oil burners need replaced there's a new propane tank showing up in their yard. Once you get closer to town most hook into the natural gas pipeline if they can. Seems like it's just personal preference.

Seems to be a split of wood/coal, oil, propane and natural gas. In my immediate area, a lot still heat with wood/coal as sole or primary heat. Lots of people with oil yet. Seems when the oil burners need replaced there's a new propane tank showing up in their yard. Once you get closer to town most hook into the natural gas pipeline if they can. Seems like it's just personal preference.
Well in Illinois we have been a good coal producer but I have never seen a person heat their home with it in my lifetime. I knew of two neighbors that had oil burners as kids but are long gone. Here it is LP unless you are in town even then some are on LP. I use a outdoor wood boiler but it is connected to a blower in a LP furnace to provide the circulation.

So in US dollars or Euro what is the price per liter for each?
Diesel fuel the cheapest type costs 1.48 Euro per liter or almost 6 euro for 1 US gallon(3,7 liters).
1 liter of LPG costs 0.81 euro.
Diesel used to be much more expensive at the begining of this disgusting war(can't believe I'm saying this...WAR...). Close to 2 euro for 1 liter of diesel!
Gasoline is cheaper at 1.25 euro for 1 liter!
But when covid hit I did saw gasoline as cheap as LPG... Couldn't believe my eyes...
Those days will never come back... Even so 1.25euro for 1 liter of gasoline is good enough...
🙄🤔🤕

Well in Illinois we have been a good coal producer but I have never seen a person heat their home with it in my lifetime. I knew of two neighbors that had oil burners as kids but are long gone. Here it is LP unless you are in town even then some are on LP. I use a outdoor wood boiler but it is connected to a blower in a LP furnace to provide the circulation.
Coal? Or petroleum coke?! Best fuels ever "invented" and I'm not joking or mocking you! Oil should be better if burned in a high efficiency burner/heater type! But will never be as good as coal used with wood ! I'll take a picture of petroleum coke I use in small quantities with wood for a higher burn time and more Kwh!
Wood is good if very dried at around 4kwh per kg ,but coal is double that for same unit 1kg and has longer burn time!
Oil is king ( diesel,kerosene) at 10 Kwh or more per unit (1 liter).
I've been playing with "chemistry experiments" and primary and secondary air in wood mini stove. Managed to burn wood WITHOUT SMOKE!!! Couldn't believe my eyes...
I'm lacking time to see if oil or diesel fuel can be burned the same! The amount of heat from that would be tremendous! I mamaged to melt 2 cast iron very thick grates while using coal with very dry wood... Almost destroyed the ceramic tile stove in that one single burn...
I had a very good guy rebuild it anyway last summer because of that... For 700 euros he did an amazing job ,but now I'm more carefull with petroleum coke in the stove 😁🙄
Coal/petroleum coke has earned my respect and "attention" ... I'm sure diesel or kerosene are even better and powerfull. Hell ,in a webasto heater run all night they barely use any diesel fuel while stationary in a truck...
Can't see any drop in the morning on the fuel gauge! In theory at full blast a 5 kwh Webasto heater fuel consumption should be 0.7 liters for every hour of use... But that would mean I'm sweating in bed 😂🙄 so ,I dial it half way almost alwats,unless it's minus 10 Celcius plus blizzard outside...
Anyway... Excuse my long comment,it's sunday 😁

later edit : IMG_20221211_142046686.jpgIMG_20221211_142036595.jpgpetroleum coke looks like this around here 😁
Heating with only wood here in Romania gets you half the cost or less than if you use the high efficiency natural gas central heater. Usually it's used only for hot water since it's so convenient! Many romanian that live in a house with yard will have a natural gas central heater and ceramic tile stoves! They're beautifull especially in a creamy/white design type plus they don't need no electric energy ,only dry wood,some petroleum coke if you fancy that type of fuel,some "skills" to start a fire, a good chimney and... enjoy the fire 😁 plus long lasting heat(12 hours at least).

It's a mix of whatever here. I'm not wood only by choice, more so we can't afford to get another furnace and the supporting accessories to go with it. Id go lpg back up and wood boiler whenever we get the money saved up. We were a huge coal producer, but obummer pretty much had that all shut down. Reading anthracite is still around. (I think) moat have gone to stokers using rice coal for fuel, which makes I hard to find the nut coal I can run in my furnace. Coal prices are also crazy this year so I just stuck with wood as I get that gorgeous "free" or trading labor for the wood.

It's a mix of whatever here. I'm not wood only by choice, more so we can't afford to get another furnace and the supporting accessories to go with it. Id go lpg back up and wood boiler whenever we get the money saved up. We were a huge coal producer, but obummer pretty much had that all shut down. Reading anthracite is still around. (I think) moat have gone to stokers using rice coal for fuel, which makes I hard to find the nut coal I can run in my furnace. Coal prices are also crazy this year so I just stuck with wood as I get that gorgeous "free" or trading labor for the wood.
Do not get me wrong the coal around my specific area is gone. The mines were mines not in any sense of what some think. All along the river there was coal in the hills and steamboats to sell it to so everyone had a mine. Of course steamboats went away but Grandpa still mined what he could. I doubt any coal came out after World War II. When I was a kid they had long since caved in and had coons living in them.

Now southeast of here about 90 miles were huge strip mines. They were still open in the mid 1990's but now you would never know where they were driving by. The semis that hauled from down there to the power plants and grain plant were a menace on the road. They ran in teams tip to tail at 70mph. Dave Clinard Trucking.....

As you get to southern Illinois there are still a lot of coal and it is longwall mined. There is a lot of tiny oil wells also. I have never been down there to see it. My ex-wife was down there for a week at a Illinois Petroleum Association conference but that was in about 2013.

When I hear about burning coal I thinking about my favorite Christmas Movie.......it's a clinker

Yes this is a pic I just took next to my window.Lamp.JPG

Latest posts

Back