How old is this generator?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAA! SWEEET! My wife and I were at the actual house from that movie in Cleveland in '19. They sell the lamp, soap, and everything, even the pink bunny suit!

Pardon the pic quality - I still had a flip phone then. šŸ˜

downsize.jpegdownsize.jpegGOPR0935.jpegGOPR0934.jpegGOPR0933.jpegGOPR0932.jpegGOPR0930.jpegGOPR0929.jpegGOPR0928.jpeg

The only coal available here at the moment is high sulfur brown coal either broken or stove coal is available comes from north western Kentucky it is dirty, sooty and smelly but it will keep you from freezing. I have burned it in my stove and i can get about 19 hrs on 50 lbs.

The only coal available here at the moment is high sulfur brown coal either broken or stove coal is available comes from north western Kentucky it is dirty, sooty and smelly but it will keep you from freezing. I have burned it in my stove and i can get about 19 hrs on 50 lbs.
So how much is a ton there?

So a ton would roughly last 760 hrs or basically a month. That is not that bad on cost especially as warm as it has been.
2.5 ton would last me all winter but seasoned wood is cleaner than brown coal. because the chimney needs to swept out more often. plus it is full of clinkers that clog the grate.

2.5 ton would last me all winter but seasoned wood is cleaner than brown coal. because the chimney needs to swept out more often. plus it is full of clinkers that clog the grate.
I lover hearing about how folks do things in different parts of the country. It shows how diverse we are and how we adapt. Around here since the late 1970's folks have tried burning corn off and on. It never takes off. We do have one neighbor that has a truck repair shop. I know he had a corn burner in it. He would borrow our small grain truck to get 300 bushels at a time......quite often

HAHAA! SWEEET! My wife and I were at the actual house from that movie in Cleveland in '19. They sell the lamp, soap, and everything, even the pink bunny suit!

Pardon the pic quality - I still had a flip phone then. šŸ˜
I would have loved to bought a pink bunny suit when the kids were little. Somehow when grandkids arrive I doubt they appreciate it.

That scene was so funny! My dad and I watch the movie every December before Christmas. Still laugh hysterically even after seeing it countless times. That YouTube clip was my favorite part of the whole movie, where he's swearing at the furnace, black smoke billowing out the vents and chimney. Love it! :laugh:

That scene was so funny! My dad and I watch the movie every December before Christmas. Still laugh hysterically even after seeing it countless times. That YouTube clip was my favorite part of the whole movie, where he's swearing at the furnace, black smoke billowing out the vents and chimney. Love it! :laugh:
I am glad to hear you watch it with your father. My father is long gone and I miss him daily, especially at Christmas.

I go out to see him every Sunday. He's a few towns over so a little less than an hour one way. My mom died of cancer in '18 - coming up on 5 years here in a few months. I know the feeling. My aunt, dad's sister, just died this morning. You just never know.

My dad bought the 3500 watt version of that generator new in 79 or 80. He dropped it off a workbench maybe 25 years later and the electrical part made smoke. He gave it to me and I cut the taper off the crank for a lovejoy coupling and I still use it on my log splitter to this day.

My dad bought the 3500 watt version of that generator new in 79 or 80. He dropped it off a workbench maybe 25 years later and the electrical part made smoke. He gave it to me and I cut the taper off the crank for a lovejoy coupling and I still use it on my log splitter to this day.
Do you have any idea what the final diameter was on the crank? Some I have seen have a pretty steep taper. How did you cut the keyway. I am not being critical at all I am really interested.

Do you have any idea what the final diameter was on the crank? Some I have seen have a pretty steep taper. How did you cut the keyway. I am not being critical at all I am really interested.
As I recall I just used a cutoff wheel on an air grinder. Then I cut a little notch for the set screw of the lovejoy to extend into. I can get you the diameter of the crank but seems like it was 7/8.

Latest posts

Back