How sick are you ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth9669

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well i went to the doctors today and i got the bad news. I have TO-MANY-SAW-Itis
Signs...u have the urge to always but another saw fully knowing you dont need one. also you find yourself on your '' me time '' looking at youtube and arborsite just looking at pic's and vid's of bigger saws then you have
symtoms...This is when you can cut for hours on end and there is some poor saw that was made to cut and still he didnt have his turn also you are using a smaller or larger saw then the job calls for just for '' fun ''
Side effects ... may times you can end up with more firewood then you could ever use as well as your significant other being '' on the chip ''

iam not as sick as some of you but i have 026 pro...036 pro..and i got cramps because i feel a 441 coming on. So please share with everyone how sick you are and maybe talking about it will make you feel better know there are people out there that are worse off then you are.
:chainsawguy:

I just got a fix. Besides I just took on one saw and am getting rid of 2. That's progress, isn't it?

I need a modern replacement for my Homie 150A, but I can't get rid of the Homie because that was the saw I learned on. Then I'm done for a while. Unless something comes up that I just can't pass up, that is.

Mark

BTW, I thought Mass. was a Commonwealth? The People's Republic of Mass.

I've seem to of contracted this, obviously addictive, disease myself, though I appear to have a slightly different strain of this virus, called the PNWsawitis, which I must have picked up the short few days I spent near the Western foothills of the Cascades in Washington state. It's quite clear to me now, (and far too late to do anything about it) that AS is obviously a breeding ground for this extremely contagious disease.

Consider yourself warned!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

they are all states

You are right about the commonwealth. One of 3 ? i think..but all in all we are all in a state. i just happen to not like this one but that is were the family is so i stay. even if they did elect a bozo for gov.

i have it too!

I thought i was nuts, but i just drove 174 miles round trip tuesday night to pick up 5 saws.....it isn't just me.....

I thought i was nuts, but i just drove 174 miles round trip tuesday night to pick up 5 saws.....it isn't just me.....

Been there done that, approx 210 kms, for 7 saws plus parts for others etc...

I may be the worst on the site. Since doing this side of the buiseness since say January, I have more saws than I realize. My floor is covered with various logging saws, the shelves are bursting full of repaired and "its too good to let go" saws. the work bench is covered in all kinds of various states of repair saws. I have parts everywhere, a saw comming in from Idaho. I have a giant chain sharpener that I have yet to learn how to use. A fordom/dremel/dremel work station. A welding area...and a giant mower deck in the middle of the garage on saw horses that is piled with 460 and 084 parts.

And everything is covered with metal grindings from making my modified Wojo Mufflers.

So its an Obsesive compulsive proffession. And I really have no Idea the number of saws I have. Too many.
But Doctor I want a second opinion...he says alright, your ugly too!

Hey THall post those pics off you and friends cutting fire wood again. It might Make some of us who are just slightly sick feel better.
Never mind it will just make use feel kind of green, green with envy!!!

I have twice as many saws as I need, and only half as many as I want. My latest acquisition is so neat, not because of the brand and model of saw; it was FREE. It's a little Homelite 3314 with a 14 inch bar. My next door neighbor gave it to me. I put in fresh gas and in just a few pulls, it roared to life.

My two favorites are my 026 Stihls. They just work and work and work.

I just gave six saws away!!! :help:
A sure sign I am slowly healing!!!
The next yard sale will tell!!!:laugh:
Down to 3 runners and 4 fixer uppers!!!:chainsawguy:

Last edited:
lets face it we are all sick. with all the saws in my stable
inee to be commited. 2 298xp one stock one modded
371xp 268xp 254xp 028 super echo 280 and my dads
saws that i keep up. mac 700 and 261 husky plus working
at a shop full time what a life!!:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

Sorry, it's terminal - no cure and no 12 step program. :help:

:laugh:
There is a twelve step program if you obtain at least twelve saws some people actually have enough. Our house has two cases as my wife has it to. Right now we are on a quest for an 076. She searches just as bad as I and has bought a saw of her own on e-bay along with the ms 260 pro i bought her for Christmas brand new. Shes so bad she will sand on a wood project just for the sawdust if she hasn't cut lately. We also have the chainsaw mill and tree removal and square ground chain strains as well we have given up hope of being cured.
192t wife's.260 pro wife's,032 nice clean classic,044, 064 064 case rebuild project,066 bars up to 41". 076, 056 and another 260 pro on the to get list. We are doomed.

bought a 288 that had been rolled and welded for 2 bills and dropped one more just cause. Don't need it, but ya just need to have a jaw dropper to smoke your buddies with. It should be good beginner project to practice TLC on (and mods).

iam not as sick as some of you but i have 026 pro...036 pro..and i got cramps because i feel a 441 coming on.

DoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoit
DoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoitDoit

Does that help? I haven't got to run mine for three weeks. I have only ran it one day. I miss my saw............hold me.

There is only one treatment that works and it is spelled:

3120 for Husky fans and 880 for Stihl fans. That way it will be hard to buy a bigger saw.

Back