How things work in Finland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vid, thanks for posting blis, tried to rep you but,,, you know gotta spread some around. I love the look of the forests there, looks alot like us here in northern MN. :cheers:

He is talking about Sointula, which is on Malcom Island , beside Vancouver Island British Columbia. The area was settled by Finns, many of whom became great loggers.

He is talking about Sointula, which is on Malcom Island , beside Vancouver Island British Columbia. The area was settled by Finns, many of whom became great loggers.

Oh, should read posts more carefully :hmm3grin2orange:

Anyway, it doesnt really surprise me that many great loggers over there have atleast some sort of connection to finland since lets say, still about 50-60 years ago about 30-40 percent of population worked in logging and other forestry...

Couple of months ago they showed a TV-document about Sointula, but I only saw a part of that program. Some old man singed a couble of songs in finnish language altought they didn't speak finnish. And lots of names and traditions were just like back here.
There seems to be a piece of a finnish culture left over there.

We still use traditional ways...

...When place isn't suitable for big lumbering machines.

Back