How To Be The Center Of Attention

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This one worked real good for me about a week and a half ago..... Go to a logging show ( the one in Springfield, Mass. is a good one). Find the Vermeer dealer ( that would be the one with the Sherrill Big Shots propped up against a chipper chute). Decide you're tired of playing "one hundred tosses" with the throwbag. Think about how your favorite groundman rolls his eyes and says "yeah, sure" when you say "what I really need here is a Big Shot" (he's heard that one for two years now). Fork out your money and spend the rest of the day carrying around a huge slingshot on an eight foot stick. Watch as no less than a hundred people come up to you and ask what it is. Anyone with a tree service T-shirt will not ask. Start out explaining how it's used to get a climbing line into a tree. When you can't stand to explain it one more time, start making stuff up. ( Well, you see, we're having a little trouble with squirrels and when I catch 'em, I send 'em to the neighbor five houses down) When that one wears out, my cat caught a baby bird that I nursed back to health and tomorrow he's going to learn how to fly (or not). When a good looking blonde (you know who you are) inquires, it's now a clothes line for a thong bikini bottom. At the end of the day, throw it in the van, making a mental note to bring it with you next time.

You could tell them Your tired off the neighborhood kids throwing rocks at you and youve decided to fight back.

Not being good with safety warnings, a couple 1 1/2" rocks had to be sent into the woods, one of which actually disappeared from sight. :Eye:

I've heard that you can get great drives using it. Putting on the other hand... JPS & JPM - would you allow someone on the green with a Big Shot?

Nickrosis

LMAO Nick, Next time i Go and play Golf with my Dad Guess what I'm Taking? :D
O man I can see there faces when i whip
that Puppy out of my bag!!!!!:D

With security these days, you may not even make it to tee-off because the case looks just like a rifle case. We've joked about that all time - uh-oh...Jake's getting the gun out of the trunk... :) Of course, you could get a CO2 gun like they use for some really high tie-in points! Anybody here use one?

Nickrosis

Back