How to distinguish old/new 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panhead9

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
How do I tell difference between and old 45cc 346XP and the newer 50 cc 346XP seems all my dealers around me are clueless and dont even know there is a difference.:monkey:

Just checked back and if I would have known this I would have bought the saw this morning the guy told me 439 +tax w/ 18" bar and it did have grey panel and primer bulb and decompression on it the other one he had was orange and Im not sure about primer bulb or decompression or not he thought they were the same now he gonna call husky in am monday and verify what saw it is I hope price does not go up Ill keep you posted

They didn't have a clue here either, I had to call 6 husky dealers before I found one who knew what I was talking about.

No need to call them back, you'll just confuse them further. If it's got the decomp and bronze clutch cover, it's the NE. You can double check for yourself when you get there, the factory tag on top of the saw, in front of the air filter clearly states 50cc at the end of the first line.

If you can get it for $439, buy it quick, mine was $484.

That's what I'm realizing now I wish I had known this this morn I would have purchased. He said come back at 10 Monday after he calls to find out which saw it is I will walk in at 8 and say Ill take it. this saw is exactly as you guys described and like I said he had 2 there 1 old and 1 new and he didn't know the difference thanks:clap: :clap:

They didn't have a clue here either, I had to call 6 husky dealers before I found one who knew what I was talking about.

No need to call them back, you'll just confuse them further. If it's got the decomp and bronze clutch cover, it's the NE. You can double check for yourself when you get there, the factory tag on top of the saw, in front of the air filter clearly states 50cc at the end of the first line.

Hmmm - my dealer knew perfectly well that there was a new edition - I picked up the first one he got into his shop. :) :)

He wants one for himself, but they sell faster than he can get them into the shop - so he still hasn't got one, nearly a year later.....:censored:

Last edited:
i called a dealer in west Hartford when i was looking for one.

guy on the phone was yelling at me that Husqvarna never made a saw with More CCs that the las two #s in the model #.i see they have the new 50cc model on their floor now.i should have pushed it but i felt so bad for the guy i just let it go.bought mine from my local guy.

guy on the phone was yelling at me that Husqvarna never made a saw with More CCs that the las two #s in the model #.i see they have the new 50cc model on their floor now.i should have pushed it but i felt so bad for the guy i just let it go.bought mine from my local guy.
Thats exactly what the guy at another shop in my area (both local) told me, then I had him look it up and he said indeed it is a 50cc he said he thought they only changed color of cover. And this is a very reputible equiptment shop that I have dealt with before. So 2 shops had no clue they were different. Also the 2nd one wanted $479 + for theirs I will pick up the first one first thing in the morn monday.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what the guy at another shop in my area (both local) told me, then I had him look it up and he said indeed it is a 50cc he said he thought they only changed color of cover. And this is a very reputible equiptment shop that I have dealt with before. So 2 shops had no clue they were different. Also the 2nd one wanted $479 + for theirs I will pick up the first one first thing in the morn monday.

Most of this would have been avoided if they gave the thing a new model name; 352XP would have been great. (Jonsered changed from 2147 to 2153)

There was very little info from Husky about this "new" model when it was first introduced. They didn't even come out with new product codes to order them until fairly recently.

Most of this would have been avoided if they gave the thing a new model name; 352XP would have been great. (Jonsered changed from 2147 to 2153)

There was very little info from Husky about this "new" model when it was first introduced. They didn't even come out with new product codes to order them until fairly recently.

I wonder how many pistons will be ordered down the road and be a little "loose"???????????

:dizzy:

I agree (or 349xp), and the web-sites was pretty slow to follow up on the change......:yourock:

Back