How to find honest firewood sellers??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't waste your time calling an attorney or anyone for such a small amount of money.

CT DEP sounds like a good last resort if he doesn't come through though.

Why didn't you ask anyone where you bought your chainsaw about firewood?

Look up local dealers on the Stihl or Husky website call them and asks who sells wood.

Craigslist is hit or miss on most stuff. Thankfully most of my sales have been to easy to deal with people.

Good luck.

Like someone else said, try buying your wood in the spring, one season ahead. I have one guy that buys faithfully for two years ahead.

Be sure the load is stacked, and not thrown. I will let anyone measure my dump truck or trailer and they can be sure they are getting the cubic feet they paid for. I can only get 1.5 cords in my dump truck and 2 cords in my dump trailer. Its amazing how many people deliver a "cord" in an Ford Ranger or equivalent...

Finally, if its doesn't look right, send them on their way. If your paying for all oak, be sure it is all oak to the best of your ability.

BPS said:
Its amazing how many people deliver a "cord" in an Ford Ranger or equivalent[/B]...

I find that funny. I sold a 16" facecord to this guy one time. He had an S-10 pick-up. I kept telling him he could come back to get the rest of it. Welp, we got it all on one load. But man, it was heaped up. I don.t think you could have gotten another stick on that truck.

Getting cheated

In the area I live in about 95 percent of the firewood sellers are fly by night. We have three yards in a 50 mile circle that are honest. To get a honest seller you have to get out and look. I have a very successful firewood business being honest. I don't sell your kind of wood. Buy your wood in the spring when cheap build you a rack to the size you are buying. Then hope the seller is selling what you want. I hate that those fly by night are out there. You need to get some body that knows wood to help you. Us honest firewood business feel bad that there out there. Sorry

My area

Shame your not in my area I would give you free chunks if you could get somebody to split it for you. Now the firewood sellers are scrapping they let you have there firewood just to get it out of the way if not free a case of beer and might even help you load it. I live in a welfare area cash and or a case of beer get you a lot.

I have been selling firewood a long time. Its not rocket science.. Tell your customers the truth. I don't sell wood by the cord. Have a look at my website Firewood Dave I deliver what i promise. Too bad the original poster is so far away. I advertise on Craigslist with some success but I also have a domain and advertise sometimes in the Vancouver daily newspapers. It makes a huge difference if they see you in other places besides Craigslist. I try to sell wood all year. Customers are buying wood now for next winter. Hopefully I am doing something right

Latest posts

Back