How to fix vent in Stihl 045 fuel cap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsailor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Scored an old dusty 045 AVE in a lot of tools I bought. Got her running now after a cyl. clean up and replacing a stuck pair of rings. Anyway she's a runner after several gaskets and new screws. However, the fuel cap pisses fuel slowly when on her side or when running with near a full tank. The cap is the one with the little pin hole in the top center and not the one with the side breather valve like the IPL says. So my question is how do I get at and fix the breather valve in the cap? I can see a whiteish plastic disk/plug with 3 evenly spaced small holes in it inserted into the back of the cap, but it doesn't appear to be threaded in. Is this plug threaded or pressed in? How do I get it out? I assume there is some sort of flapper valve or duck bill valve behind this plug. How do I fix it?

yes on the duck bill and how to get yours out i am not sure but soak duck bill in hot water so you can not see daylight through it and the leak will stop.

Back