How to insert a picture in a post?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How do you insert a picture within a post?
I have attached, no problems, but that is only a link to a picture hosted somewhere else on AS site I assume.

Many have the actual pic inserted in the post and it sure saves reading time....

no hurry.
tks,
kcj

First, you need to have the photos online somewhere. I upload mine to photobucket.com (it's free). Then, when composing your post or reply here, click on the icon just above your text that says "insert image". You will be prompted to type in the web address (URL) of the image. One easy way to do this is, when viewing the photo at photobucket, just copy the web address from your browser window, then paste it into the window requesting the URL.
I hope I haven't made this sound more confusing than it is.:laugh:

Typical way is to click on the attached photo in the post and it will pop up with the web site and photo. Get the web address of the photo, and put it between "img""/img" brackets in the text of your post. Click on QUOTE at the bottom right of this post and you will see the way that I added the photo of my cat Milo in this post.

attachment.php

Last edited:
We would prefer that you upload photos to the site so we have them if something should happen to you or your photobucket account.

Good point! I'm just used to doing it that way because I post on several different forums and most do not have that option.

How do you insert a picture within a post?
I have attached, no problems, but that is only a link to a picture hosted somewhere else on AS site I assume.

Many have the actual pic inserted in the post and it sure saves reading time....

no hurry.
tks,
kcj

Kevin, Once you have uploaded from your computer or wherever just look above the message you're typing too the toolbar. The yellow square with the mountains in it, click it and then click your image below, copy the URL, paste it in that Insert Image and click OK. You'll be good too go. :cheers:

Just trying the method windthrown described, enjoy the pic if it works!

attachment.php

Cool thanks windthrown!!:clap:

Last edited:
Here are some 'general' steps

To insert an image into a forum message, you have to 'host' the image on an Internet server. So you first download the picture from your camera, resize the picture with a picture editing software, I use Adobe Photoshop, there are many free ones, then you upload the picture to an Internet server. There are some free picture hosting services, photobucket.com, imageshack.com, etc. you can Google 'free image hosting' and probably find a few.

I host my own domains so this is very easy for me to do this.... I FTP my images to the Internet server, using a program called WS_FTP, some of these free photo services sites have web based interfaces that make it easier than FTPing, you just browse to the image on your PC and press upload. Once the image is uploaded and hosted on an Internet server, you have to know the url, http:// address to the image, you then insert that url into you message by clicking on the yellow button next to the quote button, see below images.

These are the steps after you have the image hosted on an Internet server.

insert_1.jpg

Then this window comes up and you type in the full url to your image.

insert_2.jpg

Then this code is automatically inserted into you forum message, and once you Preview or Submit, you should see the image appear in your message.

insert_3.jpg

After you Submit it should look like this.....

recon_540x200.jpg

After reading windthrown's post above, his steps are much easier, kind of a neat trick linking to the attached photo url.... Very Good Tip.

Last edited:
Combine these at the beginning of your photo bucket link [ I M G ] then at the end of your link [ / I M G ] then your photo will be inserted. It is also advisable to resize your photo's to 800x600 which can be done with this free and simple program http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm (email me if you need help with it)

Closer!!!!!

I click on the paper clip looking thingy, then I browse for my picture. I then upload it and right click on the img. with the red white and blue flag on the left side of it. Go to "properties" and left click on that, at the bottom will be a web link, highlight that and right click to "copy"
Then click on the letter looking thingy, "insert image" the right click on the tag line and click "paste".
Done!

Latest posts

Back