How to insert a picture in a post?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resize pictures before upload to forum....

Pictures from a camera can be pretty large files, 1.5Mb or more, and needs to be down sized to fit into a post in a forum. I usually down size to 640x480 pixels. That make pictures around 100-150kb of size. I use a bulk re-sizing software, freeware, called "Easy Thumbnails". You can downsize to any size you want, and the software can do 100's of pictures in a few seconds.

I also use a free software to rename pictures after they are downloaded from camera, and down sized, "ReNamer", this is a procedure that takes some more time, but it helps a lot when you have many pictures....

Good luck, and I hope that this can help organizing your pictures....

:greenchainsaw:

uploading photos

Closer!!!!!

I click on the paper clip looking thingy, then I browse for my picture. I then upload it and right click on the img. with the red white and blue flag on the left side of it. Go to "properties" and left click on that, at the bottom will be a web link, highlight that and right click to "copy"
Then click on the letter looking thingy, "insert image" the right click on the tag line and click "paste".
Done!

ok i keep hitting the upload photo button, i hit brouse photos ,then upload ,and it sits awhile ans says upload failed,contact administrator

Typical way is to click on the attached photo in the post and it will pop up with the web site and photo. Get the web address of the photo, and put it between "img""/img" brackets in the text of your post. Click on QUOTE at the bottom right of this post and you will see the way that I added the photo of my cat Milo in this post.

attachment.php

TEST
Jonsered%20930

this is stupid. theres gotta be an easier way you can simply load an image from your computer onto a post, this is ridiculous, i'm 25 years old and I should be able to figure out this stuff on a computer but I can't. STUPID COMPUTERS!!!!!!!
:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

no pics

this is stupid. theres gotta be an easier way you can simply load an image from your computer onto a post, this is ridiculous, i'm 25 years old and I should be able to figure out this stuff on a computer but I can't. STUPID COMPUTERS!!!!!!!
:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

well for some reason i cant get my pictures to upload to this site,everytime i hit brose and got to the pics and hit upload ,it sits for awhile and says upload failed,never had this problem before

well for some reason i cant get my pictures to upload to this site,everytime i hit brose and got to the pics and hit upload ,it sits for awhile and says upload failed,never had this problem before

Chances are your picture sizes are too big. They need to be under 300MB to upload to AS. If you are running windows XP go HERE and find the image resizer download on the right side of the page. Once you install it, you can resize a pic just by right clicking on it and selecting resize. I use the "small" size option for web pictures.

chances are your picture sizes are too big. They need to be under 300mb to upload to as. If you are running windows xp go here and find the image resizer download on the right side of the page. Once you install it, you can resize a pic just by right clicking on it and selecting resize. I use the "small" size option for web pictures.

attn: This does not work!!!!!!!! Waste of 20 minutes of my life!!!!!

Nobody's stupid here. It's the ASSumptives:bowdown: with all the TLA jargon, who know "how" that miss the point. Forget all the TLA's e.g (sic) jpg, FTP, tif, ad nauseum. It is all meaning-less. Those like to throw them at the wall. Maybe a self-esteem thing Dr.Freud.:hmm3grin2orange:

Instruction 101: never ASSume your student stupid. In past experience, it was life or death. Here, it is just a tech procedure.

It should be a K.I.S.S. with easy to understand steps: #1, #2, etc.... There is a sticky on this somewhere, that I haven't done yet. No time now.

So perhaps someone with some objective understanding (empathy) of those who don't "know how" will give a nice, clear, understandable, K.I.S.S. step by step explanation (sin TLA's ) of how to download pictures. It ain't surgery.

(P.S. For you jargonophile junkies TLA = Three Letter Accronym. A phrase used by non geeks toward the jargon, letter-ridden techies. )

Logbutcher and others, I'm not trying to be a smart-a#$, and I didn't come here from getting a degree in Computer Science either. I've just been doing it so much that it seems like second nature to me, and I might not explain as well as I should.

If this old metal bender/dirt farmer/weekend woodcutter can do it, anyone can. I'm going to put up a new post shortly with how to pictures of what exactly I do to upload a picture, and then I'll add a link to how to do it in my signature line that shows at the bottom of every post.

I wish it were as simple as taking a picture and just dropping it in the post, but I didn't design the software, bear with me, once you've done it a couple of times, it's easy.

Logbutcher and others, I'm not trying to be a smart-a#$, and I didn't come here from getting a degree in Computer Science either. I've just been doing it so much that it seems like second nature to me, and I might not explain as well as I should.
If this old metal bender/dirt farmer/weekend woodcutter can do it, anyone can. I'm going to put up a new post shortly with how to pictures of what exactly I do to upload a picture, and then I'll add a link to how to do it in my signature line that shows at the bottom of every post.
I wish it were as simple as taking a picture and just dropping it in the post, but I didn't design the software, bear with me, once you've done it a couple of times, it's easy.

Appreciate the humble pie Steve....thx.:rock:

My wife ( not "THE" wife, boys ) loves to tell about her parochial school sister who used to say: " Common Sense is not so common". Same with showing others what we already know well: rock climbing, firearms, mil training....or software, never assume that your instructees are dumb. " You will bite the head off that toad, sir." :popcorn:

JMNSHO (another TLA genre )

There are a few ways to post a picture on this forum...
images

1>> Use the INSERT IMAGE function

2>> Use the ATTACHMENTS function

That should be it!!
Here is a video showing how I made this happen!!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRH_NSxrh28&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRH_NSxrh28&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

im doing it the way yoes are saing to
spacer.gif:

Reading this whole thread, and I am trying to trouble shoot all issues brought up....so this red "X" issue
If I have the wrong URL link to picture this little icon shows up....

axecompare.JPG

Right click and compare the URL's on both these attachments...

axecompare.JPG

I have not figured out yet how this red "X" shows up....

Last edited:
Back