How to keep the stacked wood straight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to think that I'm neat, but not anal. :laugh:

I stack 3 rows deep; the middle row gets all the shorts and uglys, the outer rows help hold them in place and this lets the air circulate a little more than if the middle was all perfect sticks. As the rows settle and slump I just shove them back upright with my shoulder.

My neighbour builds stacks so absolutely straight and even that they could be given a coat of plaster and used as a wall. He seems to do it effortlessly and unthinkingly, yet ever piece is fitted just perfect.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just some house wood

Had fun this year. Traded a half cord for some great venison to a bud that didn't have time to cut any this year. I ended up having to redo all those rickety stacks in the first and third pics, kids were stacking while I was splitting. My stacks are small compared to you guys that do this for a living.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And this is what happens when your stacks run you out of the other 2 bays... You put it wherever you can!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

But I could still get the 4 wheeler out!!! Ha!!!

Got it...

216432d1326231276-imag0051-jpg

Nice!! That's a good jag of firewood!!

Thanks for opening that Hedge hopefully i'll figure that out soon. Just getting the link to attach is a milestone for me. When I get behind anything computerised it's like watching a one armed paper hanger with the seven year itch.

On a MUCH smaller scale - wood stack as wind break:

attachment.php

Back