how to move a japanese maple?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dark are you goin to ehap?

Re knives, Elmore's knife is a tool of Love and Creation!

treeseer said:
dark are you goin to ehap?

Re knives, Elmore's knife is a tool of Love and Creation!

Yeah...and it can be used for sex change operations too...with Ginkgo trees. Also thinking of using it in this manner for some Chinese Pistache. In the case of Japanese Maples I think that it may be akin to cosmetic surgery. :)

I moved this one with a shovel, a tarp and a young helper. Nothin to it if you are very careful. Here it is, the view from my bedroom door.

treeseer said:
I moved this one with a shovel, a tarp and a young helper. Nothin to it if you are very careful. Here it is, the view from my bedroom door.
Nice tree...got any more?

treeseer said:
I thought YOU had those in Alabama--it looks like a common cultivar doesn't it?
What's a cultivar...but a variety chosen for some trait and that retains that trait with repeated propagation. Yours could be a known(or between me and you, an "unknown") cultivar. Perhaps 'Oshio beni'. Does it green out significantly as the summer progresses? It could simply be a seedling Acer palmatum f. atropurpureum. Albeit, a nice one.
How many Maples are you looking for? What size? Any particular forms?

Elmore said:
Does it green out significantly as the summer progresses?
Looks like it is getting greener, I'll :Eye: it.
How many Maples are you looking for? What size? Any particular forms?
A couple dozen, a variety, I like em all. Most interested in ginkgoes actually. I'll be there in feb 06 or sooner.

Back