How would "YOU" fall this busted up tree ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alder does that splitting thing a lot. We had a few of those to do after storms. Likely the other bent ones will need to come down as well. I prefered a 36" bar saw, for distance, and would have probably worked on the stump end or the holding wood. I would need to be there to see for sure. Those alders bounce and do strange things like they have a built in torque.

Alder does that splitting thing a lot. We had a few of those to do after storms. Likely the other bent ones will need to come down as well. I prefered a 36" bar saw, for distance, and would have probably worked on the stump end or the holding wood. I would need to be there to see for sure. Those alders bounce and do strange things like they have a built in torque.
Isn't alder a blast, I swear you look at them wrong and they'll chair out looking for someone to get a hold of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Even though alder isn't a big fir or oak tree, they make up for it with their character. Drop one on another tree or in a riverbed and they WILL bounce who knows where. It can be difficult to preduct where the energy will be displaced and how.

Latest posts

Back