Huaqvarna 162se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKDriveSprocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I come across a Husky 162se with a 24 inch bar and chain. I`ll change the bar to a 20 inch in the near future before I use it. It only needed a new fuel line. This saw had seen very little use and is in great shape. Was this a pretty good saw in its day? Not much about the saw under the search button. I all ready have a MS 361 but would like to keep it in the shed for another 20 or 30 years and see what people think about it then. Or should I just sell it? We will see if we are on fossil fuel in 30 years.

keep it, or sell it to me

The husky 61 that everybody seems to like is a detuned version of your 162se. Depending on the species and if it is frozen, keep that 24 on it. I am a bit south (south end of Puget Sound) and my dads' runs a 32 in fir and cedar, even a bit of big leaf maple. Displacement is just about the same as your 361, it is just older. If you decide you don't want to bother with it, I'll cover shipping and a good bottle or two.:)

Latest posts

Back