Huge snow storm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Well the whole west side of the state has actually had about half the snowfall we had last year."
---------------
Wait until next year. Grand Rapids and Cadillac have some of the heaviest snowfalls that I have ever seen. While I may have a dry one next year in Nebraska, the Great Lakes will unload in a fury. It's your turn. :spam:

lol, they get allot snow in Grand Rapids and Cadillac, I always thought they just got a dusting down there:confused:

Well the whole west side of the state has actually had about half the snowfall we had last year. Not saying that it is sign of "global warming " or anything. I'm just saying there are zealots out there on this subject and I by no means claim to know anything, but it still kills me that all you "experts" who claim to know better, or have years "under your belt" to claim to know better, can out right deny it is happening. Maybe you should all be called to Capital Hill to testify against it's existence. Man-kind has a never ending history of destroying parts of our planet, and then seeing in hindsight how self centered we were, we then try preserving what is left. Maybe it is a natural cycle or maybe not?

Gee your right Tadd... 20 or 30 years of falsified and fabricated "evidence" are dead nuts indicators that we are all doomed.

lol, they get allot snow in Grand Rapids and Cadillac, I always thought they just got a dusting down there:confused:
Dusting days are over. Nebraska just broke every record in existence for consecutive days of snow on the ground. It never did melt or thaw out. We are now in a heckuva mess. If spring rain comes in, the river floods will set up a disaster area.

There just weren't enough vehicles to transport all this white stuff to Vancouver. :chainsaw:

Dusting days are over. Nebraska just broke every record in existence for consecutive days of snow on the ground. It never did melt or thaw out. We are now in a heckuva mess. If spring rain comes in, the river floods will set up a disaster area.

There just weren't enough vehicles to transport all this white stuff to Vancouver. :chainsaw:

I didnt get alot of snow here this year yet, bit over a couple hundred inches. Less than normal but I wont hold my breath for no more to come. I have seen 36 inch snow falls in 24 hrs in the middle of May. and there is also the for sure St. Patty's day storm that seems to happen every year. been a few years though since we seen close to 400 inches of snow.

Gee your right Tadd... 20 or 30 years of falsified and fabricated "evidence" are dead nuts indicators that we are all doomed.

I was going to mention the reports of some data from a group of scientists that had tampered with the numbers when I mentioned "zealots". I am not a doomsayer but I also don't claim to be an expert like some here. Just because they step outside when it's winter and it feels cold, or have lived long enough to have seen 50 winters and can stay nothing differrent. There has been some physical changes in our world (ex. million year old ice caps that are 1/2 size etc.) that can leave you wondering. Just being open-minded, besides this is a Chevy vs. Ford debate (Dodge don't even make it to the the equation) can't win...

the deer are on the move

a sure sign that spring is near.

attachment.php

It might be worth noting......

I teach in a college and am involved with climate data. It is worth noting that the reliable US based data, from NOAA, NASA, and universities suggest that what we will see is the intensification of local weather, ie., more snowfall than normal in some areas, less snowfall than normal in other areas, more powerful storm systems, heavier rains, or more drier than normal, etc. It is not simply getting warmer or getting cooler.

There is no doubt that we are have more CO2 into the atmosphere than ever before. CO2 traps solar radiation, warming the atmosphere. Much like water vapor traps radiation giving us warmer temperatures on cloudy days in the winter. This seems to have a major affect on ocean temperatures, and the changing ocean surface temperatures correspond with our intensified weather.

I don't think this is a Ford/Chevy or Stihl/Husqvarna issue, it comes down to informed/not informed issue.

I burn wood because it is "carbon neutral". This means simply that wood burning releases into the atmosphere the CO2 tied up in plant tissue in the tree as the tree was growing. If the tree decays, that same amount of CO2 goes back.

Fossil fuels are the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere millions of years ago, which was tied up in vegetation. That vegetation became the coal, oil and natural gas we have. As we burn it, we release that CO2 from long ago into our present atmosphere, with it's attendant consequences.

I think that this understanding has to be common knowledge for good rules regarding wood burning, and for good energy decision by our leaders.

Wanting to help, not get something going.

I still say we are on an ice planet that experiences occasional periods of warming. We just happen to be here during one of it's many warming trends that has allowed life to flourish further from the equator.

When it gets warm enough in North America for alligators to live in the great lakes then I'll be worried about global warming. As it was this year the iguannas were falling out of the trees in Florida because it was so cold.

Yoop....don't you guys keep around 3' of snow on the ground all winter long?....at least that what a buddy from Traverse City sez.

Did you go to State?

Well the whole west side of the state has actually had about half the snowfall we had last year. Not saying that it is sign of "global warming " or anything. I'm just saying there are zealots out there on this subject and I by no means claim to know anything, but it still kills me that all you "experts" who claim to know better, or have years "under your belt" to claim to know better, can out right deny it is happening. Maybe you should all be called to Capital Hill to testify against it's existence. Man-kind has a never ending history of destroying parts of our planet, and then seeing in hindsight how self centered we were, we then try preserving what is left. Maybe it is a natural cycle or maybe not?

because my brother did and you sound brainwashed just like him.

The global warming debate is a tough one for me. I am a geologist. I have a little different take on climate change, but I am not a climate expert. I'm always surprised by the people who expect climate to be static. It has changed over the last 100,000 years, sometimes drastically. It has changed in the past, so why wouldn't it change in the future? The majority of evidence seems to indicate that the Earth's temps are rising, even despite the use of selected data. There is no question CO2 levels are rising and CO2 does act as a greenhouse gas. Does this mean that man has caused GW? No, it doesn't. There may be other causes to GW.

Just for fun, let's assume man has caused everything by burning fossil fuels. Now what? The CO2 is in the atmosphere. How do you remove it? How do you reverse the cycle? How do you reduce greehouse gas emissions sufficiently to have an impact and reverse the heating trend? Climate models predict warming for the foreseeable future at current CO2 levels. Therefore, to just keep things going as we are (and not improve or reverse GW) we need to keep atmospheric levels at todays concentrations. That requires that the emissions of CO2 stops NOW. I'm not saying to reduce, or conserve, I'm saying it needs to stop. There is no way this will happen. To do this, people need to go away. The real culprit for climate change is population. We are going to have a difficult time supporting this many people without the use of fossil fuels. That is not to say that in the future we won't have a way, but right now and for the next 100 years, we are going to rely too heavily of FF to ever expect to change current trends.

We need to develop alternative energy that works on large scale. So far, only nuclear power really has that ability. In the mean time, we need to learn to deal with climate change, as it is going to happen regardless of Kyoto, Al Gore, or CO2 emissions. To think that climate will always be what is has been for the last 75 years is just silly, regardless of the impact of man. To think that man has the ability to change it by conservation is ignorant.

Sorry for the rant. This a subject that sticks in my craw. The zealots on either side of this issue tick me off with their arrogance.

I am drawn to this site for all kinds of reasons, one of which is the good debate threads. That being said this one sure beats the typical chainsaw debates, but boy have we hijacked this thread.

I just wanted to make the point that some people just like "armchair quarterbacks" seem to be "window climatologists". They look out their windows in Dec.,Jan.,Feb. and they see snow and freezing temps. and they think it's all bunk. It is pretty much common knowledge, and not refuted by either side that the planet is currently warmer than normal. Now is it man-made, or normal cycle of weather patterns? I am just saying I am being objective, that are presence on this planet has possibly caused this scenario. Every generation uses more fossil fuels than the generation before, millions of acres of rain forrests are destroyed a year, is it possible that all this happens in a vacuum with no ramifications? So is this theory plausible I say...yes. Maybe for some, denial is a easier pill to swallow, no worries though we will all probably live our lives with little to worry about, the next generations are the ones to face these problems... that's how it always goes.

I am not a tree hugger I do own and drive a SUV, have a four wheeler, non EPA saws. I have become more consious of things as I age though.. because are second and newest vehicle is a hybrid. I live in a 7 year old home with a high efficiency furnace but I choose to burn wood because it is "carbon neutral".

A little fact from a google seach... the U.S. has about 5% of the worlds population and yet we consume 25% of the worlds available energy. We are the worst polluters out of all the industrialized countries, 8th out of 8. After reading some of you all's posts that is easy to see why...denial, apathy, and self entitlement to the planet.

Oh and Yes to the Michigan State question.

Start Collecting Firewood Now

Tadd, I hereby predict that Michigan in 2010-11 will receive about the same winter as Nebraska and Iowa did this year with even more snow because Lake Michigan will unload in a vengeance. It's your turn and thank heavens you are there to receive it. We need a break in this neck of the woods.

So, I suggest that you start cutting firewood ASAP in preparation for next year's onslaught. You will need all that you can collect.

I am drawn to this site for all kinds of reasons, one of which is the good debate threads. That being said this one sure beats the typical chainsaw debates, but boy have we hijacked this thread.

I just wanted to make the point that some people just like "armchair quarterbacks" seem to be "window climatologists". They look out their windows in Dec.,Jan.,Feb. and they see snow and freezing temps. and they think it's all bunk. It is pretty much common knowledge, and not refuted by either side that the planet is currently warmer than normal. Now is it man-made, or normal cycle of weather patterns? I am just saying I am being objective, that are presence on this planet has possibly caused this scenario. Every generation uses more fossil fuels than the generation before, millions of acres of rain forrests are destroyed a year, is it possible that all this happens in a vacuum with no ramifications? So is this theory plausible I say...yes. Maybe for some, denial is a easier pill to swallow, no worries though we will all probably live our lives with little to worry about, the next generations are the ones to face these problems... that's how it always goes.

I am not a tree hugger I do own and drive a SUV, have a four wheeler, non EPA saws. I have become more consious of things as I age though.. because are second and newest vehicle is a hybrid. I live in a 7 year old home with a high efficiency furnace but I choose to burn wood because it is "carbon neutral".

A little fact from a google seach... the U.S. has about 5% of the worlds population and yet we consume 25% of the worlds available energy. We are the worst polluters out of all the industrialized countries, 8th out of 8. After reading some of you all's posts that is easy to see why...denial, apathy, and self entitlement to the planet.

Oh and Yes to the Michigan State question.

When you speak of "window climatologists", I'm assuming your including to same folks that look out their windows during June, July, and August and say "see, global warming really is happening".

As to your comment about U.S. energy comsumption, the U.S. produces around 25-30% of the worlds goods and services. So I would say we are doing good as far as energy usage(things could always be better). Really dont know what population % has to do with anything. I would say that is an accomplishment that just a measly 5% of the worlds population can do so much for the other 95%.

I read recently that according to some observations, the present sun, moon and star weirdness is merely an optical phenomenon viewed by those at the extreme northern latitudes.

http://www.isuma.tv/lo/en/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change-project/earth-has-shifted

Yet, an entirely optical phenomenon does not wash as an explanation, and I'll tell you why....

Many of us at the lower latitudes are noticing this as well. There is nearly a complete multimedia blackout of TRUE information. Also, those observations do not account for the moon playing rodeo all over the sky! Check the university data of where the moon should be this time of year. Now compare the data with where you observe the moon to be over the course of a short couple weeks. I live at 41deg. North and one can easily tell that the earth is wobbling pretty good, and that it's seasonal tilt appears to have widened. Also, the scientists are perplexed at the strange tides and increased quake activity the world over. Britain, according to satellite photos, and media stories, was covered completely this winter, and appeared for all the world to be but a smaller version of Antarctica. Optical anomalies? NO WAY. To a small degree, perhaps, but this is VERY real. Unfortunately, most prefer to miss/dismiss these signs.

For those who believe that what we are witnessing is merely an optical phenomena....Please read the following links and see if you think your eyes are lying to you:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=18430

http://divulgence.net/Sun angle.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzhc8h8Y1HQaxCe6JsuyHrMA2G6gD9E7EB581

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Weird-Rip-Currents-Spook-La-Jolla-Divers.html

http://www.physorg.com/news90905241.html

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/08/Hawaii-sees-highest-surf-in-decades/UPI-33121260280870/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/852054.html

http://www.gpb.org/news/2009/07/27/scientists-dont-know-whats-causing-freak-tides

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200907241023.htm

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=deep-water-ocean-currents-climate

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100110151325.htm

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8398

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...ctic-weather-gripping-britain-86908-21951250/

If one has read the above links, then perhaps the following Promises at the bottom of this message may hold more important meaning for you now:

Blessings in Christ Yeshua

Last edited:
I was going to mention the reports of some data from a group of scientists that had tampered with the numbers when I mentioned "zealots". I am not a doomsayer but I also don't claim to be an expert like some here. Just because they step outside when it's winter and it feels cold, or have lived long enough to have seen 50 winters and can stay nothing differrent. There has been some physical changes in our world (ex. million year old ice caps that are 1/2 size etc.) that can leave you wondering. Just being open-minded, besides this is a Chevy vs. Ford debate (Dodge don't even make it to the the equation) can't win...

I hate to burst your bubble Chicken Little, but not only are you wrong, you are a hypocrite as well. No one here is claiming to be an expert, as you are accusing them of doing. They are simply stating their opinions. Opinions formed from their own analysis of BOTH sides of the debate. The ability to do that is something which is simply beyond the capacity of Gore/Obama foot soldiers such as yourself. The left is just completely incapable of accepting any disagreement with their progressive/globalist view of how things ought to be. They, like you, simply belittle anyone who disagrees with their world view as not smart enough to comprehend their enlightened progressive agenda.

Rather than follow the carbon, you might try following the money. Behind the junk science of "global warming", "climate change", or whatever they might decide to call it next month, are some very interesting connections between those who are beating the green drum, and those who stand to profit immensely from the "carbon economy" they are trying to create.

You should also look into how comfy the leaders of the green movement fit in with the one world government globalists.

Read Thomas Sowell. Read Walter Williams. Read George Will. Read a biography of James Madison. Read a copy of the Constitution. Your liberty is at risk.

So, everything we've been blasting out into space for the last half century is starting to catch up with us ? Seems reasonable that enough grains of hypervelocity sand could change the course of a falling boulder given enough time.

Houston ! Sounds like it is time to start laying in more wood.

now that isa post!

I read recently that according to some observations, the present sun, moon and star weirdness is merely an optical phenomenon viewed by those at the extreme northern latitudes.

http://www.isuma.tv/lo/en/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change-project/earth-has-shifted

Yet, an entirely optical phenomenon does not wash as an explanation, and I'll tell you why....

Many of us at the lower latitudes are noticing this as well. There is nearly a complete multimedia blackout of TRUE information. Also, those observations do not account for the moon playing rodeo all over the sky! Check the university data of where the moon should be this time of year. Now compare the data with where you observe the moon to be over the course of a short couple weeks. I live at 41deg. North and one can easily tell that the earth is wobbling pretty good, and that it's seasonal tilt appears to have widened. Also, the scientists are perplexed at the strange tides and increased quake activity the world over. Britain, according to satellite photos, and media stories, was covered completely this winter, and appeared for all the world to be but a smaller version of Antarctica. Optical anomalies? NO WAY. To a small degree, perhaps, but this is VERY real. Unfortunately, most prefer to miss/dismiss these signs.

For those who believe that what we are witnessing is merely an optical phenomena....Please read the following links and see if you think your eyes are lying to you:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=18430

http://divulgence.net/Sun angle.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzhc8h8Y1HQaxCe6JsuyHrMA2G6gD9E7EB581

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Weird-Rip-Currents-Spook-La-Jolla-Divers.html

http://www.physorg.com/news90905241.html

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/08/Hawaii-sees-highest-surf-in-decades/UPI-33121260280870/

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/852054.html

http://www.gpb.org/news/2009/07/27/scientists-dont-know-whats-causing-freak-tides

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200907241023.htm

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=deep-water-ocean-currents-climate

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100110151325.htm

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8398

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...ctic-weather-gripping-britain-86908-21951250/

If one has read the above links, then perhaps the following Promises at the bottom of this message may hold more important meaning for you now:

Blessings in Christ Yeshua

this gentleman did some research and spent some time with it and some thought.

nice change from just spewing the crap they just heard from the talking heads on the cable channels and idiot college professors.

Back