Huge splitter question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leo58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found a large old home built splitter a neighbor brought in. I am considering buying it. It is massive with an 8 x36 cylinder,2 cyl wisconsin electric start engine. Pump is a Geromotor H3-P-10B1 manufactured by Double A Manufacturing, Manchester, Mich. No zip so assuming pre 1962. Does anyone have any info about this pump, GPM, Pressure etc. The splitter runs but we havent used it to split any wood yet. Only ran it enough to see the ram move. With that large cylinder pump would have to have a large volume in order to have much cycle speed i assume. All hydraulic hoses are !". Any information will be greatly appreciated. I would be using it to pre-split large rounds instead of noodling so fast ram speed would not as critcal as if it was my primary splitter.

Always a place for a beast splitter.

Mr. HE:cool:

Yep I follow loggers and frequently pick up large end cuts and crotches that require noodling. I use a Husqvarna 181 with 28" bar for noodling. the Husky is fun to use but a b#&th to start.

Back