hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4months sounds like a plan partner
Thou ive just returned from a year long mission just holdin a saw all day. I do look forward to burning off some of these roids.

Thanks Rocky,

I do have a few more questions ( this is my first major storm to work from an arborist side). Will my lic in Louisiana be OK in FL, GA, SC, etc.? Do I need to get with any local government offices first or what?

Thanks again, any other info would be great.

rwilk

stay away from ground 0 when your cell phone stops working
its useless stay north work your way south
if you can get a crane bring it (you won,t get it here )if you have to rent eqpt.rent it at home and bring it with you
stay safe and good luck
ken

Here's an image:

http://www.wral.com/weather/3689691/detail.html

The phallic shape of the wind band track seems highly symbolic. Central Florida gets screwed again.

I have a feelin I'll be down there next week, doing treeage and repair for survivors.

When all this is over we need to find the place where Frances crossed Charley and put up a monument. What kind of tree would fit that site the best? A silk oak?

nah, just been crawling under the barb wire of life.:(

separation when you lift a big treetop with a crane is a rush, separating the money from the homeowner is cool, but a separation from a wife with kids involved; brutal.:mad:

my cell # is 703 431 2408
I want to connect with some local talent to get a heads up on where to head to. Like anything else, the most important factor is location, location, location. The demographics are important, the clients need to have $$$ to pay, and valuable property + big trees = $$$.
I could write a book on marketing a tree service, but believe me, the logistics of operating under storm conditions will shut you down quick. Gas? Chains?food, lodging, Ice, WATER? with the power out a lot of normal life does not exist.

I've been set up as a FEMA contractor, but as a traveller, I want to stay away from insurance companies, and govt. work. unless someone else wants to pay me.

What did it take to get set with FEMA slayer?

Did you have to show your ISA card or what>?

Another climber I taught just bought a 16 inch MORbark.!
Imma have to stop teaching them boys.
Dont figure be needing it so much as would a bobcat to drag it to the road.
He now wants to go. On my last mission he was chosen as the Platoon Regliious SGT. He'd hold prayers etc. great guy and fearless used to ride 2 bulls a week for a couple years.
I feel very confident in our ability to drum up work. But like slayer says location location.

It looks like it will be south Of brother Rocky quiet a bit.
I figure travel light as we can. Do a job or two drive on south do a job or two more and head further south.

Or link up with Rocky and stay a stretch.
Tree Junkie will you also be working with Rocky?

NOAA satalite looks lke it is heading for the GA /Fl line. Thats my home. They been lion tailing live oak for years along this coastal area.

Last edited:
anyone care to make a guess on where this monster is going to make landfall at. i know whereever it hits its not gonna be pretty. i would love to link up with someof you and get some serious work done.

Xtreme,
I'm working on getting things together. I'd like to link up w/ either rocky, slayer or yourself. Shoot, we could all link up together. As long as the moneys right i'm there, I need at least a month down there to make this worth while. When ever this thing fiddles out my uncle is in need of help in Orlando, working on the street contracts, running buckets and loaders.

His co name is arborcare, He's working w/ another co from up here; Kansas City Tree Care. and they are both working for
TFR which is the co w/ the entire contract.

I'm pretty sure saying prayers and axing for mercy ain't gonna affect the mindset of Frances.

More viable options are available for survival.

But yo, hey! Praise the Lord, eh?:alien:

Latest posts

Back