hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut and hope works for me. If its really bad prayer isn't and watching the F bomb helpts too when in a tree. Also try not to use his name in vane when aloft.

looks like we are heading down wed night, driving straight thru. about 18 hours from what I've been told.
Looking forward to seeing the guys in florida in action, (greg, this means you)
Get em on ice!;)

strom

hey rockey do you know the people with crown tree , were from new orleans .going to bring one or two cranes and bobcats could use some of you good climbers call. 504 915 6066.504 466 6060

Right here.
What does a good crane climber bring home a day?
How long will you be offering employment?

1099 or how would that work.
Im a average climber but highly enjoy teamwork.

I cant boost down until the 15th.
Ive got National Guard duty and re-take ISA Certification
Tree ID and Diease diagnosis this week.

Bring gear, ropes, 4 saws. All new.

I only work with Certified Arborist.

Last edited:
that should weed half the business men here out. Sorry:)

Wow Rocky thats smoking pay.
Most I ever made working for is about 350 a day.

Dont think theyd be much sales involved.
Yall got and getting it bad. My prayers for you all in Florida

Last edited:
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
If you can produce, most guys will overlook lots of imperfections and personality quirks.

LMOA. Thank God for THAT, eh Brian? :D

Rocky,
That blows man.
I could leave Tuesday be in Orlando Wensday.
Maybe be of some help.

Slayer and Junkie:
Are you two linking up with rocky or another crane outfit.?

What a mess Fla is in.

rocky,
what's the latest,are you expecting it to pass over the top of you?

Never mind a generator what about a water pump? If I need a small amount of gas all I do is open up a valve connected to the fuel system on the truck and pump away, opening the shrader valve and connecting a hose will allow you to fill a gas can. There’s your project Rocky, weld a new line on your fuel rail that should keep you busy.
Still waiting to hear about my place, lines are down.

story.animated.accu.gif

Glad to hear the wind speeds and expected rains are down ... They were saying this thing is the size of Texas... Its big enough to do plenty of damage, even as a downgrade....

The downgrade should save a lot of lives and property...

Just saw some video of the area on the weather channel. Can those Palms be cabled or braced back upright and regenerate enough roots to support themselves in a couple years?
I don't believe in wasting the time doing it on trees here unless they are small but the palms I saw while I was there at the nurseries seemed to have a really small bundle of roots?

RJS

Hey Rocky,

I made out pretty well w/ Charley. Went from a '90 Jeep Cherokee to a '96 F350 crew cab diesel. Now I'm shootin for more equipment. If you're lookin for help in this area, give me a buzz. I did alot of work just driving around town, averaged $700. to 1700. a day. :D

Jacksonville update:

Windy with a little rain. The radar does not show us getting anything, but the forcast is calling for 50+mph winds, that means trees down. I agree with Rockys suggestion on storm areas. The good thing for the storm chasers is that the storm is so massive that the damage and the tree guys will be spread out over a large area and all will be soaking up lots of greenbacks.
Greg

Whol else is thinking of where to spend a bundle on supplies?
I'm trying to determine exactly what extra supplies i should bring. Water, food, tent, saws, chains, gas cans, gas, oil, ropes, slings, biners, just to mention a few of the items i'm inventorying. New truck might be on the agenda as well>>>hmm, maybe once i get there. Any need for a new 066?? hmmmm

Back