hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep me posted on the fuel situation, I may have to pull a small trailer with about 50 gallons of fuel behind my Explorer. That and about 20 gallons of H2O. After Lili I didnt have much problem finding fuel, but it never hurts to be prepared.

If your gonna need a few extra guys Treeman, give me a ring.

Kenn

heres another storm right behind it.
This is really too much already for Floridans.
Its a week out but same projected path.

I cant get the animation to load. They call it hurrican IVAN.

If we could get some kind of concret dates of arrival, locations of arrival. We could all meet and stay at one place.
Substainially reducing overhead. My phone has 7 climbers going.

Pick the most honest business man of the bunch to line up work do sales, scheduling. If there is enuff have two salesmen and at the end of the day they could screen and just schedule the more lucritave jobs. This would be split evenly amongst all climbers at the end of the day or month.

Last edited:
My groundie that I took down to La after Lili was named Ivan, he was from Slovakia. We used to call him Ivan the Terrible.

Kenn

HA!

I just heard on CNN that surfer guy named Jason talking about his right to surf in Frances. And he said he was an arborist by trade.

Brian, you know anybody named Jason?:p

just read some sick news that over 20 have been arrested for looting..one gang tried to steal an ATM machine by cutting it out with a chainsaw:angry: imo all looters deserve 10 years in gaol

Rolly, Ten years in jail seems like a terrible idea-I don't want to spend the money feeding them. Let's just execute them and bury the bodies.:angel:

Originally posted by Stumper
Rolly, Ten years in jail seems like a terrible idea-I don't want to spend the money feeding them. Let's just execute them and bury the bodies.:angel:

Better still give them a wheelbarrow and a shovel and have them start cleaning storm debris for next 10 years.:mad:

Dada, That isn't a bad plan- If we would put convicts to doing real work it would have costs(guards and administrators) but it would sure beat just locking people up. I'm fed up with locking up everyone and their dog. Murderers and rapists should be dead. Vandals and petty criminals ought to recieve a public beating and be given serious community service work.:alien:

STUMPER i'm for public flogging ,etc no prison ain't the solution but it sure gets the scum off the street

The three weeks I spent in jail consisted of sleeping, eating, and reading. Almost like a vacation, except for a few minor discomforts.

Yah, I 'asplained it all in an earlier thread at Tommy D's repeated inquirys. They didn't like my gardening skills.

I don't remember the thread...

Its really not that bad right now. Some rain showers and some gusty wind, but nothing extraordinary. I've gotten only a few phone calls regarding limbs down, no serious emergencies yet.

We had some heavy gusts here in Tallahassee at 4-6 ish and at 6:50 pm I got my first down tree call. Pine on roof. Went right away and just put it on the ground. Finished at about 8:30 in the dark. IT'S ON NOW!:eek:

-Mike-

Jacksonville:

Trees down in many places. I saved my neighbors pool enclosure (at least for now). Had a pecan tree uprooting and leaning over the enclosure. Rigged a rope up in the pecan and then through a crotch in a Camphor tree (lousy anchor but that is all I could get to) used the GRCS to start taking it back up but then it sounded like roots were poping in the camphor so we put the breaks on it, left it secured with a good rope and a PW3. Tomorrow I'll find a better anchor and pull that sucker with the GRCS.
Ring Ring Ring ---Tree on my house!!
I went to take a look at that one and had to cut my way out of my neighborhood. I helped clear 2 roadways, and sold a job to get a med (16"dbh) sized water oak off a house.

We don't have massive devistation but the 50mph winds and a few tornados I've heard about have really churned things up. 40k people in town with no power, but mine is still kicking, got the AC and the fridge turned down cold expecting lights out soon.

--By the way, go get a GRCS they are really very cheap, they just sound expensive initially.

GReg

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Man, it looks like Ivans gonna be hitting Fla next week, or so. No way I would live in Fla! It attracts hurricanes!

and exspensive tree men :laugh:

that was a 33 mph gust but it has been going on for over 24hrs
trees are down all over

Latest posts

Back