hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bucket opr.

i work for sonnys tree service in tampa , we need two bucket opr.
class b cdl air brakes , both buckets are brandnew
may also need climbers crane exp a must
(pm me)with your needs

Gold rush of '02

Take those frigates, steamers, horses and hopes to the fields. One person's horror is another's riches.

Did I see someone saying $600 a day for a certain length of time and lodging, food, and logistics covered?

What are we?

I just heard that "Mr. Green Jeans", a tree co from around here that went to Fla., was thrown in jail for price gouging. Haha! I know that boy, he's a fool. He probably was charging 10 times his regular fees.

Just for laffs, he's a little-bitty guy married to a 300 pound woman, and proud of it! :blob2:

lol,

Mr Green jeans: that's a cute name; with that sort of business name he should have been put away a long time ago.

Next storm I am going to go buy 15 generators.Just sit on the side of the road and sell them like watermelon. Been seeing trucks loaded with them heading down. Have fun guys, a climber has already died.

When I worked with him a few years ago, I asked him if his foreman was Captain Kangaroo. I don't think he thought that was very funny...:dizzy:

:laugh:

I wunder how Fla. jails are...;)

Originally posted by monkeypuzzle
Next storm I am going to go buy 15 generators.Just sit on the side of the road and sell them like watermelon. Been seeing trucks loaded with them heading down. Have fun guys, a climber has already died.

Yeah, I saw the same thing after Andrew. That, and intersection Wild Thang sales.

So, what's with the fatality, Stevie?

Dad called lastnite, said a climber has died???? I have no word. A roofer fell, I did read that. A tree fell on a car in Gainsville, Fla., man died.

Originally posted by monkeypuzzle
A tree fell on a car in Gainsville, Fla., man died.
And another tree fell on a trailer and killed someone. In Gainesville, Fla. Tomorrow I'm going to...Gainesville, Fla. For at least a week. My brother lives there and says there will be a lot of repair needed for broken-but-salvageable trees.

Beautiful oaks and maples etc. in Gainesville; it'll be fun trying to keep some of them growing. And I have a new mktg approach to selling appraisals of tree losses for taxes. We'll see how it goes.

__________________Man, it looks like Ivans gonna be hitting Fla next week, or so. No way I would live in Fla! It attracts hurricanes!

Actually, we did not get any, not even one for almost 30 years till Andrew in '92. We were charmed, not cursed. So much so that everyone got rid of their awnings cause the were ugly!
Now all the home centers run out of plywood every time a storm comes through. We really have not had more than Texas or Louisiana or the Carolinas, though if the current rate keeps up, we will be the No 1 spot soon.

Jimbo

Next storm I am going to go buy 15 generators.Just sit on the side of the road and sell them like watermelon.

Great idea, and don't forget some cheap chainsaws, like some of those recon Poulans, too. DO NOT jack up the prices, though, or you will go to jail! Just buy them right and don't get greedy!

Jimbo

Re: Gold rush of '02

What are we? [/B][/QUOTE]

skilled professionals, with the tools, know how and nerve.

Here! Here!
up.gif

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Where? Where?
I ain't nuthin' but a tree whore selling my body to the highest bidder. :cool:
I know that's right!

"skilled professionals, with the tools, know how and nerve"

the more classy approach to the truth. I think i'll stick w/ this explanation when talking to customers

its unfortunate the hurricane,anyone making these pots of gold or still chasing the rainbow:confused: :confused:

""skilled professionals, with the tools, know how and nerve"
To do what, cut down broken trees? Yes it takes all that do it well and safely. And a lot is also grunt work, chopping up corpses and hauling them to the curb.

"skilled professionals, with the tools, know how and nerve"
are needed to salvage standing trees that can be saved. It takes another kind of nerve to treat a damaged tree and have the owner understand that its risk has been reduced to an acceptable level.

That's where an arborist's know how is used for the lasting benefit of the client. And it belongs in the insurance claim so everyone benefit$. these rainbows have pots at the end with more than monetary gold in them.

A check in the hand today? Nice. Seeing a tree you saved ten years ago growing on? Priceless.

Back