Huskee Spitters on sale at TSC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen that. All I have to do is decide which one I want and hope they have one left Friday AM. They have been selling a ton of them this year for some reason even before they knocked a few bucks off.

I seen that. All I have to do is decide which one I want and hope they have one left Friday AM. They have been selling a ton of them this year for some reason even before they knocked a few bucks off.

FYI. I've had the 35 ton for about 6 yrs. Split maybe 6 or 7 cords a year. Nothing has broke.
I highly recommend the electric start though. I bought the pull start and think that was too much engine for a pull start. It would sometimes kick back so severely it actually hurt my hand. It would jerk the handle right out of my hand. So I swapped out the engine from an old Wheel Horse with electric start. Very happy with this setup. Should have got electric start in the beginning.

I've had the 35 ton over 2 years now, been flawless. Learned to slowly pull it over until compression, then a good pull and start splitting. Looked hard at the 22 ton, but went big after thinking about how long I will have it. If I had known they were going to move the motor to the other side would have waited. Still happy about the $1599 spent on it.

I've had their 35 ton splitter for 3 yrs. No problems and paid $1700. It seems to be an easy starter but you must remember to select neutral before trying to start. These EPA compliant engines seem to want lots of choke and throttle to start,more so than the old engines. It starts on cold days in the dead of winter on three pulls.

Rural King has the Champion 23 ton splitter for $699 after online rebate, I think it's Thanksgiving day only.

Must be in your local stores only. I couldn't find any info online about it. I seen their sale flyer yesterday for our local store, don't remember seeing that, could've missed it, sounds like a smokin deal. I'm outta town today anyways...darn.

Edit: Never mind, I found it in the online sale flyer, page 13. It's for Friday only. Hmmm, might have to make it back to Wooster before 9pm...:msp_tongue: Seems like a pretty good deal if it's not a TOTAL piece of junk...

Edit#2: Just noticed it is limited to stock only, if they open a 6am, I'm sure they are out of stock by 7 or 8. Oh well...

Last edited:
I pick mine up inthe AM. (We were in the car not my truck) i just bought one of these yesterday evening for 899 when i was at TSC. No sale that was the regular price. the sale add she showed me said 999 for black friday. so i bought it on the spot. i hope its a decent machine. there built by speeco also just huskee stickers so i think itll be good. It came assembled with full fluids for that price also. so i cant say that was to bad.

Rural King has the Champion 23 ton splitter for $699 after online rebate, I think it's Thanksgiving day only.

Could be wrong but if memory serves me correct the champion are built in china and the huskee is built here by speeco. Someone correct me if they know better but ive recently researched splitters and the champions didnt look as well built to me as a huskee/speeco model. just my opinion though. I try to buy the most US built stuff i can if at all possible.

Prices is $999 here in C Ohio for the 22 and the 35 isnt on sale which makes it exactly $1000 more money. Not realy in love with the vertical shaft B&S set up but looks like we will be getting the 22. Should state that we already own a H-D splitter. This one will be for resplit and lighter duty work. I did look into that Champion. Some pretty bad reviews some thing about the cylinder mounts.

Just read through Mill's Farm and Fleet ad till Dec 1. They have 35T Huskees for $1399 and the 22T for $999. The 35T is a smoking deal from the other prices on this thread.

Brian

Just read through Mill's Farm and Fleet ad till Dec 1. They have 35T Huskees for $1399 and the 22T for $999. The 35T is a smoking deal from the other prices on this thread.

Brian

$ 1399.00 for the 35 ton is either a steel or a typo!

Champion 22Ton Splitter is on sale here - $899, do not see a Huskee on sale at TSC..
That Huskee 35Ton for $1399 would be an awesome deal..

Back