Huskvarna 435 carb removal ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A friend dropped off his 435 Husky. Starts, but wont stay running.
I'm gonna check it out for him..Anyway, I was looking it over tonight and was trying to figure out how the carb comes off?
I didn't see any bolts or screws holding it on? I'm used to tearing Stihls apart....just two nuts...
Thanks for any info..

just did one and it was a hassle. There are two screws kind of up under the airfilter stuff and I think possibly one straight down. They are there you just have to look form a lower angle:bang:

just did one and it was a hassle. There are two screws kind of up under the airfilter stuff and I think possibly one straight down. They are there you just have to look form a lower angle:bang:
Thanks, I'm gonna tear into it in the morning....I figured i just wasn't looking hard enough...

A friend dropped off his 435 Husky. Starts, but wont stay running.
I'm gonna check it out for him..Anyway, I was looking it over tonight and was trying to figure out how the carb comes off?
I didn't see any bolts or screws holding it on? I'm used to tearing Stihls apart....just two nuts...
Thanks for any info..
I'm going to follow your thread. I have a 435, starts, runs and cuts well when cold or hot, but a devil to start warm. Maybe your tear down will shed light?

I'm going to follow your thread. I have a 435, starts, runs and cuts well when cold or hot, but a devil to start warm. Maybe your tear down will shed light?

To start one warm you need to first put the choke all the way "ON" and then take it "OFF". This sets the throttle on the HIGH IDLE CAM.

Don't touch the throttle or the throttle will jump off the high idle cam.

Start normally

To start one warm you need to first put the choke all the way "ON" and then take it "OFF". This sets the throttle on the HIGH IDLE CAM.
Wish it were that easy. Setting the high idle works great on my 455, not the 435. The "best" solution I've come up with to date, cool the motor by going to a mountain stream and pouring water on the fins. Talk about crude.

Thanks for the post, I'm open to more ideas.

Wish it were that easy. Setting the high idle works great on my 455, not the 435. The "best" solution I've come up with to date, cool the motor by going to a mountain stream and pouring water on the fins. Talk about crude.

Thanks for the post, I'm open to more ideas.

did you mod the muffler? maybe it will run cooler that way.

did you mod the muffler? maybe it will run cooler that way.

Muffler is stock, with spark screen, a must for my forest trail work. Besides it starts fine hot and the spark plug is tan. Air filter is a fine screen, not flocked, and clean. I almost always cut above 10,000 feet. The 455 always starts cold, warm or hot, but not the 435.

Because I frequently mess with the L and idle screws, I often go back to base settings to get it started cold. This is taped inside my top cover:

Tune2StrokeV2.jpg

I've considered a carb rebuild, a kit is $12 on ebay, might stumble onto something amiss.

Muffler is stock, with spark screen, a must for my forest trail work. Besides it starts fine hot and the spark plug is tan. Air filter is a fine screen, not flocked, and clean. I almost always cut above 10,000 feet. The 455 always starts cold, warm or hot, but not the 435.

Because I frequently mess with the L and idle screws, I often go back to base settings to get it started cold. This is taped inside my top cover:

I've considered a carb rebuild, a kit is $12 on ebay, might stumble onto something amiss.

Take the air cover off once you know it is in that "won't start" condition, and mess with the choke lever and see if it is actually functioning correctly or is hanging up somehow. Perhaps this fast idle setting is not being achieved correctly. Also check it out cold, to see what things look like then. See if there is any difference.

Maybe at higher altitudes you are getting vapor lock??

What sort of fuel are you using? Try some canned fuel next time you go out, see if that real pure good gas makes a difference.

Took the carb off this morning. Wasn't too bad after I found the three bolts and figured out that the throttle linkage just lifts up and pops out of place.
Took the carb apart and cleaned real good then spotted the problem....The primer bulb was dry rotted and cracked...
so after I figured that one out i tore into a stihl blower that wasn't running right and low and behold...the primer bulb was shot on it too...
Two easy fixes....:clap:

Working on a 3 year old 435 husky runs perfect starts up and after a few mins 3-4 just shuts off, read about possible vacum leak but i dont think so suspects the shut off wire at bottem of choke , but toniaht i found the white wire from the coil is almost rubbed thru on the sparkplug wire....i hope this is the issue......to be cont, any thots?

Working on a 3 year old 435 husky runs perfect starts up and after a few mins 3-4 just shuts off, read about possible vacuum leak but I don't think so, I suspect the shut off wire at bottom of choke, but tonight I found the white wire from the coil is almost rubbed thru on the spark plug wire....I hope this is the issue......to be cont, any thoughts?
Shutting off suddenly typically means a bad coil, wrong tune, or air leak, but if the wire is screwed up definitely fix it and see if that fixes it before you go and buy anything.

Shutting off suddenly typically means a bad coil, wrong tune, or air leak, but if the wire is screwed up definitely fix it and see if that fixes it before you go and buy anything.
Thank you but i took the recoil off and it was packed oil soaked sawdust around rhe flywheel so thick pieces would come off and get stuck betweenthe coil and flywheel cuasing a shutdown, then it would restart a minute later, cleaned it all out 3 years worth runs fine thanks for your help brotherinlaws happy too! Lol

Back