Huskvarna 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
traktorz

traktorz

ArboristSite Operative
450 is based on 350, but has a new Strato engine. More complex engine and more difficult to service. Probably less robust and less trouble-free in the long run.
I'm not fond of tool-free chain adjuster as well.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
They are almost completely unalike, other than the spark plug. Sound, feel, build, are pretty much all different. I prefer the 350 to the 450. If I were choosing, I'd buy 545 even though it's more coin. Not to say 450 is a bad saw, but coming from the 350 I'd be perhaps a little disappointed.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
They are almost completely unalike, other than the spark plug. Sound, feel, build, are pretty much all different. I prefer the 350 to the 450. If I were choosing, I'd buy 545 even though it's more coin. Not to say 450 is a bad saw, but coming from the 350 I'd be perhaps a little disappointed.

I believe I would be very disappointed, and your COA sounds like the right one!

MGoBlue

MGoBlue

Those who stay will be champions
. AS Supporting Member.
My first new saw purchase was a 450e. Didn't take very long to realize this wasn't the Husqvarna I wanted in the long run. Hated that chain adjuster! Sold it to fund the purchase of an XP Husky and never looked back.

certified106

certified106

ArboristSite Member
I had a 450 and for three years it was my only firewood saw as a few others were broken that I owned. Anyhow mine was the anniversary edition and had an 18" bar. I think it would have handled a 16" bar better IMO. The saw ran good but lacked anything that made me say wow that's a nice saw. Bought it for 359 and sold it 3-4 years later for 220. Probably cut around 12 cords of wood with it and it still had the original machining marks on the piston. For what I paid it was an ok saw and never gave me any trouble.

wcorey

wcorey

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Overall I still prefer my 350's but don't count the 450 out.

As per Husqvarna published specs;
350, 10.6lb, 3.1hp.
450, 10.8lb, 3.2hp.

Muff modded and advanced ign timing on a 450 last fall, would easily out cut a stock 350 and just edge out one with a muff mod and 353 piston.
All running same .325 b&c, both in 16" and 20", 450 did surprisingly well with the 20" in dry red oak.
350 is much easier to work on and being a 'semi clam' is much easier to port.
450 is noticeably smoother revving/running/less vibe.
Not much trigger time on the 450 to say for sure but I'd bet it's better on fuel too.

cory@owen

cory@owen

ArboristSite Operative
My first new saw purchase was also a 450. Nothing to really dislike... Nothing to love either. No problems. I did however move on to a j'red 2252. Same as a 545. Much nicer saw. Defiantly worth the small price increase.