Husky 136 flooding, and brake issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewXT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a Husky 136 I picked up second hand, cleaned it up as it was a bit feral, started and ran no issues. Bought in a few new parts from Huztl - brake cover, bar bolts, clutch...

Fit the new parts, and the bastard won't run consistently now. Floods out and starts randomly.

Also, got a weird question about the brake cover as it doesn't sit right around the clutch (see pic) ... It sits this way this with the OEM cover and the Huztl one I bought in. Can I pack it with a washer under the front bar stud to pull the plastic pin back into the hole in the casting and the brake band around the clutch itself?
4a27ec1eb07e1035dead5509348d2988.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Check the impulse grommet that goes into the cylinder.

Plastic Poulan clutch covers tend to do that after they get old. They are only attached at the bar bolts up front and have no support at the back. If a new one is doing that check the bar mount pad for deformities. Otherwise maybe the new cover is malformed?

Thanks guys, I got a carb kit from Huztl just in case. I'll check the bar bed and impulse grommet tonight when I get home

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Take off the bar and chain, and take a pic of what you have there. I would guess that the sprocket is shot, and the plastic @ the bar stud area is deformed due to someone over torquing the bar nuts.

Back