Husky 2100 CAD struck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a buddy that owns a resale shop that understands chainsaws are my crack. He sold me a 357XP a few weeks ago and today brought me a Husky 2100 w/ 28" bar (good shape) and 42" bar (like new). Saw doesn't run but has huge compression, gas smells like turpentine so assuming carb/fuel line issues. How did I do at 250?

Very good find for sure! My brother recently bought a 2100 for the same price. It was pretty dirty and had a few minor issues from years of neglect, but under all that grime was a very nice saw. I spend a few days cleaning it up, fuel line, carb kit, replaced a few missing fasteners, top cover and a few other parts from Ebay, etc.

Compression was excellent and no scoring anyplace on the piston. It runs flawlessly, the only thing I regret is that I didn't find it!........Cliff

Mark how does the 2100 stack up against Partner P100?

Thats mostly just a matter of opinion. I have not run either with over a 36" bar but they don't seem too much different in power. I think the Partner is probably a little lighter and seems more comfortable to me.

I'm not a big fan of the oil pump and crank seal setup on the 1100/1200 Husky and that is one thing you want to check on your new saw. I have seen PTO side crank seals leaking on them. I think I may have the AM seal numbers for them someplace.

I don't think I need to say much about the Husky ign either.

I'm not ragging on the 2100, they were great saws, I have had a couple and still have one. You asked..

I was only partially joking about your Dayton, but it was noticed that my 8500 was out cutting my 2100 in about 30" wood. Anyone don't believe me, just ask Super3, Cbfarmall or Mopar mike..

Been working on Husqvarna chainsaws here for decades and don't see too many issues with the clutch driven oil pump set-ups on those saws, or the smaller models with similar set-ups. We do encounter a rotten oil feed line once in a while which is literally minutes to replace if you saw uses that deal.

IF you have a saw that rivals the power of a 2100 it would be one very good running saw. The one I just resurrected from the dead would cross-cut with a 36" bar in hard red Oak FASTER than most saws I've seen cutting in the normal manner. I had the bar completely buried in some pretty big material on the wood pile testing it and like all the other 2100's I've ran over the years with good P/C' s on the and in perfect tune it had AMAZING power for the cc's.

I can't rate it really high in "ergonomics", noise level, and they are pretty heavy, but power is pretty much second to none when you get into those bigger saws from that time period......IMHO......Cliff

Good and bad news on the 2100...
Bad News:
- I don't want to sell it
- Wife wants me to sell it
- Yikes this thing has compression when trying to start it

Good News:
- added fresh fuel and pulled 4 times
- switched choke off and cried like a little girl b/c my shoulder hurt and pulled one more time
- Proceeded to run a full tank through it (didn't take long) cutting up some 24" or so Ash logs (running a bit rich but pulled hard) idled well etc...

Wife is wanting a better reason for why I need three 100cc saws, and why I would ever need a 42" bar...She only partially believes it's because I'm compensating!

Latest posts

Back