Husky 254

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerking

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anyone have any success stories with mods for this saw? I put a new Husky piston and rings in it last year due to overly rich mixture seized it up. I already cleaned up that black intake elbow and opened up the muf..this saw really loves to sing!! Just looking to maybe clean ports up and just looking for any advice for me being the "newbie" modder!And dont be afraid to tell me to leave it alone, cause I trust you guys!
Thaks
Rich

One of Husky's best! If you go back in it 1. check squish remove base gasket .018-.020 is good final number use Threebond 1194, Yamabond, etc. for base gasket. 2. cleanup windows in the piston, 3. widen intake amd ex to 65-70% of the piston diameter(45mm=29.25-31.5mm). 4. Port match ex. to muffler inc. gasket and heat shield. 5. MM move ex. outlet to the front add another port to the other side(requires modding cyl. cov.) keep it as far as you can to the front of the muff. to avoid clearance issues w/ cyl. cov.screw. 6. port & polish int. and ex. there are 2 schools on the int. some polish some say no I polish mine.
My thoughts others may add or offer other thoughts.
Shep

Thanks Shep!..I'm gonna have a busy day today then!!!

One of Husky's best! If you go back in it 1. check squish remove base gasket .018-.020 is good final number use Threebond 1194, Yamabond, etc. for base gasket. 2. cleanup windows in the piston, 3. widen intake amd ex to 65-70% of the piston diameter(45mm=29.25-31.5mm). 4. Port match ex. to muffler inc. gasket and heat shield. 5. MM move ex. outlet to the front add another port to the other side(requires modding cyl. cov.) keep it as far as you can to the front of the muff. to avoid clearance issues w/ cyl. cov.screw. 6. port & polish int. and ex. there are 2 schools on the int. some polish some say no I polish mine.
My thoughts others may add or offer other thoughts.
Shep

Back