Husky 257

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobiletec

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everone i`ve got a Husky model 257 can anyone tell me if there is a cylinder assy for this saw. Or if it swaps out with another model assy. Thanks

I am sure you can get aftermarket piston and cylinder kits for the 257, but really if you want to have fun get a 262xp piston and cylinder and hold on!
You may need a different spacer block between the carb and cylinder but the rest should be the same.
This should make your saw about 1hp more and is well worth doing.
Leave the 257 recoil cover on it and surprise your friends.

I am sure you can get aftermarket piston and cylinder kits for the 257, but really if you want to have fun get a 262xp piston and cylinder and hold on!
You may need a different spacer block between the carb and cylinder but the rest should be the same.
This should make your saw about 1hp more and is well worth doing.
Leave the 257 recoil cover on it and surprise your friends.

Thanks what spacer would work has anyone used one from another unit that works? Thanks in advance

I suspect that involves a bit more than just the P&C, but don't remember the rest of the story.......

Ok guys can you guys confirm it will fit iam going to order a 262xp for this saw. Hope it works. Has anyone done one of theses Thanks in advance

The P+C will bolt on and work. The 34 mm stroke is the same on all saws in that family except the 254xp.
You may have to open the muffler to extract more performance and retune the carb.
I am not that familiar with the 257 but all members of that family are close
154, 254xp, 257, 261, 262xp.
I have a 262xpg but the mufflers are different on the Euro models, they have a tube outlet.

Back