Husky 262XP Basic Modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Today on the workbench we have a 262XP professional that we will do a mild port job on to see how much gain can be had with a few basic changes.
Here's the stock saw with only a muffler mod.
John

linky no work.... oh wait....there is no linky to click either.....Sounds like someones been sniffing too much ether... lol

Here are two piston types for comparison. The top piston comes from our test saw, the 262XP (48mm), while the bottom piston comes from a 362XP (47mm).
Note how the 262 piston has windows on each side of the wrist pin.
Lets take our round file and remove any casting imperfections on the piston and polish things up with our saw builders secret weapon.. Scotchbrite.
John

ok, where's the modded vid? or is it still in the works? Sounds like it bogs a little more than i like to see.....did you time it?

If it was bogging I don't think it will be when I'm finished lol
The saw is still in the works. Here's the finished piston waiting to be polished.
John

what kind of wood and diameter do you use for your tests? I am going to build be a stand and start having some fun of my own.

Husky 262BS(bone stock)

Gypo Logger said:
Sorry, the server was busy. Here's the movie of the stock 262XP.
John

Hey John that log looks a little punky to me. Don't see any chips flying in the video neither-just flour. Suggest you knock off those mushrooms too before the final test shoot-dead giveaway! :laugh: Just kidding-appreciate your informative articles.

Last edited:
Mike Maas said:
Crofter better get over here and mess up this thread, you're making him look stupid again gypo! Don't you know you can't just file and sand all over the inside of a saw all willy nilly like that!
LMAO
Mike, I appreciate your attempt to help de-mystify the illusion that others are trying to perpetuate that basic saw mods are out of the realm of those that want to get some gains out of their saws and have some fun at the same time.
John

Latest posts

Back