husky 272 ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert but I believe only the newest 372's have rev limiter coils. I know EHP is swapping out the new 372 coils for the older non-limiting style when he ports a new 372.

skwerl said:
I'm no expert but I believe only the newest 372's have rev limiter coils. I know EHP is swapping out the new 372 coils for the older non-limiting style when he ports a new 372.

Really, This is the first I have heard of it. I though only the 371K and 375K saws had a rev limited coil.....

I know the 385's had them but am unclear of when they were used.

Steve

donnyman said:
Check for numbers,it dont have anyJust an em marked on it.Any other way to tell colour maybe.How about serial number of the saw would that help.Don.
Ok,the rev limiter has begun from # 040700701 and is BLUE.If you dont see any number on yours,it means thats an older saw,and at first they didnt write the # on it.

Thanks Hi Octaine.Yes my saw is an older model.But thats ok because old works for me.lol first four numbers in my serial number go as follows.4190xxx and my modual is black in colour.Dont think theres any limiter on this saw as she really revs.And no she not sucking air and I have her set to blubber at top end.Only trouble I really have with this chainsaw is keeping enough oil supplyed to the chain.And yes I keep the oil hole in the bar cleaned out and have the oil ajusted on #4.She a little heavy on the gas consumtion but if you want it to perform you have to feed it the groceryes.lol.Ok thank for any replys.Don.

donnyman said:
Thanks Hi Octaine.Yes my saw is an older model.But thats ok because old works for me.lol first four numbers in my serial number go as follows.4190xxx and my modual is black in colour.Dont think theres any limiter on this saw as she really revs.And no she not sucking air and I have her set to blubber at top end.Only trouble I really have with this chainsaw is keeping enough oil supplyed to the chain.And yes I keep the oil hole in the bar cleaned out and have the oil ajusted on #4.She a little heavy on the gas consumtion but if you want it to perform you have to feed it the groceryes.lol.Ok thank for any replys.Don.
Maybe you should open the pump to clean it.Remove the oil shaft pump and blow air .Check the condition of the small seal that is recessed between pump and case if not cracked.Check the the oil screen at the end of the hose if the screen is still there.

skwerl said:
Hey Rocky, since your having a bit of luck getting those kind of secrets out of HT, could you ask him how to mod our carbs?
When Rich Hoffman asked HT about carb mods he didn't have any luck.
Just think, you could start a whole new thread on carb mods and be the mang all at the same time.:)
John:cheers:

donnyman said:
Hi fellows.Who knows if a husky 272 coil has a rev limiter installed it it.Thanks.Don.
Husky 272xp with rev limiter - very unlikely!

That model was discontinued around 1999/2000 as far as I know.

Last edited:
The only 272's that had rev limiters were the cuttoff saws. If the coil is green then it has the limiter. It's the black one we're looking for.
John

Hi sawtroll and hi octaine.Thanks for your replys.That saw oils big time with the bar and chain off the saw.I adusted it to the highest flow with bar off saw.Can use tell me if those saws are let most others in that do they have guide plates on both sides of the bar to help direct the oil through the bar to the chain.It seems to take very little cutting before the oil hole in the bar plugs up and stops the oil flow to the chain.But then that saw makes a pile of wood chips in a real hurry lol.When I got the saw the bar was on the saw with out any plates or is that the way the husky are.Thanks for any help.Don.

donnyman said:
Hi sawtroll and hi octaine.Thanks for your replys.That saw oils big time with the bar and chain off the saw.I adusted it to the highest flow with bar off saw.Can use tell me if those saws are let most others in that do they have guide plates on both sides of the bar to help direct the oil through the bar to the chain.It seems to take very little cutting before the oil hole in the bar plugs up and stops the oil flow to the chain.But then that saw makes a pile of wood chips in a real hurry lol.When I got the saw the bar was on the saw with out any plates or is that the way the husky are.Thanks for any help.Don.
There is one inner # 5018 148 01.If the blade oil block with dust,clean the rail in the blade,check if the drive link tip is not too much worn,thats the thing that clean the rail.

Thanks for the reply Hi Octane.Thanks for the number of the inner plate.Gess I had better find one cause mines missing.The chains almost ready to be replaced so I wont worry about the drive links,but yes they are getting woren down.The sprocket has been replaced reesetly from an 8 pin or tooth to a 7.This has been a good saw for a gimmie.Really liked those old xl76 homelites though.Anyways thanks again .Don.

Latest posts

Back