Husky 281/288 front av part number??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aglicknmex

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ive got a dozen IPL for these saws and nowhere do they show the two front av buffers that go between the tank and handle. Not referring to the big spring mounted externally.. My handle does not have a place for a threaded av-- hole on handle part is smooth, like a bolt goes thru it. Im puzzled --Am I just dense or are the IPL,s funky??? any help would be appreciated.
PS I have a feeling they can be either spring or rubber depending on vintage. Mine has rubber on the back four av,s..
al

Thanks CISCO, Guess it uses same as rear---sure as heck doesnt show on ipl, but glad somebody knows!! Thot I knew those saws pretty well, but not that well!!! tnx again
Need to post some pics of my hydraulic bandmill I built-looked at yours several times.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mine all run the rubber mounts .......Same part number front to back....

Years

Dude,
I saw there was 2 models from different year periods... Would this make any difference I wonder??? Mine is the same as yours, I just put it back together??

:confused:

Great pics, one Im working on had no av,s in front, just gone. If you look into the holes where the little buggers thread in on your picture, it is smooth.. there never was anything threaded into the hole-- maybe it just lay in there and when it wore out just fell out. Thats what confused me!!. Im just gonna thread em in like yours!!

Tnx ultra for great pics!

Ive got a couple 288's running and use for felling etc from time to time-- built to last- reminds me of my 038 as far as durability. Ive got a 281 with all new bearings and piston that Im gonna have to part with:mad:

Back