Husky 281 XP worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a 281 with a fresh piston in it and was wondering what I should ask for it? I really want to upgrade my 6401 to a 7901 and these funds would help. The 281 starts easily and idles beautifully and has really good power in the cut. This saw would be sold sans b&c.

Problem one, you should of course have put a 288 P&C in it - they are the same saws, except for P&C.............:givebeer: :givebeer:

The saw in question is also an older one (metal chain brake flag tells the tale) + the serial number indicates 1986, week 42.....

Sorry to be so negative, but......

Last edited:
Yeah I know but I really want a 7900 and already had the 6401 when I aquired the basketcase 281.

Keep it, do something else to get money. :clap: Why get rid of one of the best Husky's ever made?

Ya know I just went out into the garage and fired her up and I think you are right...... man she sounds sweet!

I guess I could sell my body to pay for the new p&c. NOOOO not like that I mean maybe a kidney or such. If I tried the other way I'd lose money.:ices_rofl:

I really hate to say this, but its only worth about $20. Since I'm such a nice guy though, I'll give you $30 for it. Sooooooo......... where do I send the check to?:blob2:

Latest posts

Back