husky 288xp how-to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Took apart my 288xp today...I know it may be a stupid question but how do you put the chain break back together? I'm new to working on saws so take it easy on me! Does the pin fit under the spring or what? Just need a little help or pointers. pic attached. thanks.

blsnelling
268101135_fDQTB-XL.jpg

HiOctane

HiOctane

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Kind of a bold statement to make, and slandering to Kiwi. Besides, I can open the file fine.

Well,i didnt say that to insult Kiwi or anyone else,but like i said my Word got crazy trying to open it.Word BY ITSELF was trying to open the file many times and i was doing NOTHING on the keyboard.So i deduct that the file was some kind of wrong inside.Just delete my post if somebody is offensed.

huskydave

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
Took apart my 288xp today...I know it may be a stupid question but how do you put the chain break back together? I'm new to working on saws so take it easy on me! Does the pin fit under the spring or what? Just need a little help or pointers. pic attached. thanks.

Is that ever a clean looking 288 saw!

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Man I thought my muffler modded ms460 was a mean running maching until today...

I cut some hickory for firewood today with my freshened 288xp... I hate to say it but I liked it better than the stihl. (except for starting it) It seemed to have more grunt while bucking.

That's it I gotta have more old huskys...I'm going to buy my friends 272xp and 371xp tomorrow.

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
Man I thought my muffler modded ms460 was a mean running maching until today...

I cut some hickory for firewood today with my freshened 288xp... I hate to say it but I liked it better than the stihl. (except for starting it) It seemed to have more grunt while bucking.

That's it I gotta have more old huskys...I'm going to buy my friends 272xp and 371xp tomorrow.

Did you put in rubber mounts or are you running the POS springs on the 288??