Husky 335 xpt with oiler problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am not a big husky fan at all, but could not pass up this deal on this 335 xpt for only $45! Runs like a charm, but noticed that the oiler does not work. there is a blue oil adjustment screw and that doesn't seem to do anything. Any thoughts?

Replace the oiler. Also watch out for that spark plug cover falling off.

First,check if the plastic gear threads are Ok under the sprocket and clean oil passage .The button on the top is for pump adjustment.Somebody on a post here said that you should use a vented oil cap on those saws.

Have a 338 torn down for rebuild that had an oiler problem. (Pain in the arse!!!) The plastic drive gear stripped out on mine. I would assume that's the issue you're having as well. I don't know if the newer models have an improved part (bronze maybe) but it would be worth looking into. I would suggest replacing the rear cover with one of the new ones if it hasn't been done already. The new one has an allen bolt that holds the cover in place..the old ones just "pop" on. It will take a minor bit of fabrication to make the new one work, but it's very simple and VERY worthwhile. Other than that, killer find!

The early 335 oiler problems are long solved. chipper, you have the early pump, put a newer one on....but there may be more issues..such as line restrictions.

Have had nary an oiler problem for ages....likely the current problem, Chris, is a stripped drive gear.

Back