Husky 335xpt problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCF250sd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm hoping you guys can help me with this befor i go to the dealer. I picked up a 335xpt 2 weeks ago. Guy said everything was in working order. I get there and saw looks great, not beat up to bad. I ask him if it has gas in it to run it. He says he hasnt run it in two years. That should have been my first red flag. So he puts some mixed fuel in and I give it a pull. It starts after 6 - 8 pulls but then dies after a second or 2. I give it back to him and he gets it to do the same thing. I figure it needs to have the card cleaned or rebuilt. He knocks the price down from 250 to 200. I figured why not, I have time to play with it and get it running. I cleaned the carb out, emptied out the old fuel, cleaned the fuel filter with a little carb cleaner. I get everthing back together put fresh fuel in it and start pulling. Nothing. I figure needs the carb rebuild. Rebuilt the carb still nothing. Checked spark and its good. Now the pull cord seems to skip on the spring. I take it apart and of course the spring comes flying out:mad: Tried rewinding it with no luck. So I get a new one. Put it in and it still skips on the pulley and the pull cord stays out. Ok starter pulley is worn out. Get a new one and still doesnt recoil the pull string back in. Now its getting me frustrated. I check part number and all match up. Is there a trick to rewinding these? I've never had problems on other equipment?
Thanks in advance
Bryan

ever seen someone on meth? you just have to hold your mouth just right to get that spring just right... good luck

Latest posts

Back