Husky 338 XPT Gurus!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craftybigdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Husky 338 XPT and I wanted to know where you guys are buying your chain for it because the stock one is the low kick back. Is there a better chain to use. Also lastly do you like buying your chain in rolls is it actually cheaper. Thank you for you input.

Thanks alot guys. Also where do you get your chain from? Is there a place online and do you find it profitable to buy rools of 100' ? Thanks alot for your time.

Baileys has great deals on woodsman and oregon chain 14" 52 d/ls $8 each.
I don't think its worth it for the small saw with one lenth bar to buy the roll and make your loops. At work we run 4 different length bars on 3 brands of saws, for that application we make our own chain since we don't want to run out of any particular length loop. You might save $25 by buying the 100 ft box but thats over 15 to 20 chain loops from a box. Maybe a dollar a loop.

Corey

Baileys has great deals on woodsman and oregon chain 14" 52 d/ls $8 each.
I don't think its worth it for the small saw with one lenth bar to buy the roll and make your loops. At work we run 4 different length bars on 3 brands of saws, for that application we make our own chain since we don't want to run out of any particular length loop. You might save $25 by buying the 100 ft box but thats over 15 to 20 chain loops from a box. Maybe a dollar a loop.

Corey

What he said...:givebeer:

Back