Chainsaw chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredfarmer

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about getting 100 foot rolls of chain. Wondering what you fellows like and are decent brands. I have husqvarna saws. I will need three sizes. I was wondering if I can buy husqvarna brand rolls or if you think there is as good or better. Where can a person buy the connectors? Also what punch tools would you recommend? I was looking at an Oregon set of bench top tools for that purpose any good? Better somewhere else? Cheaper and still good? Thank you experts!

Regards Tom

I’ve had the Bailey’s pair for decades…just recently had to replace the punch tip. The needed assembly parts come with a roll of chain. If you need more they are available on eBay.
best? Stihl but good luck finding it and it will be over $700/roll if you do.
Oregon chain is probably 2nd in line and is available.
I don’t know much about the various chinese brands but do a search here.

Thank you for the reply singinwoodwackr

I will see what I can find for the Bailey tools.

Not really to fond of made in China. I have found a place that had rolls of husqvarna chain. I will look for stihl chain see how big of second mortgage it would take. Lol.

Regards Tom

If you go to old school Stihl dealer (Stihl.ca) that does some volume , they may cut you a deal on chain rolls and Stihl also sells breakers and spinners too.
plus you won’t have to deal with customs coming from USA especially if they ship ups or fedex

I was wondering about getting 100 foot rolls of chain. Wondering what you fellows like and are decent brands. I have husqvarna saws. I will need three sizes. I was wondering if I can buy husqvarna brand rolls or if you think there is as good or better. Where can a person buy the connectors? Also what punch tools would you recommend? I was looking at an Oregon set of bench top tools for that purpose any good? Better somewhere else? Cheaper and still good? Thank you experts!

Regards Tom
I somehow missed this? did it get moved maybe?
Stihl chain for the win, though I hear the Husqvarna stuff is good too. Oregon is about it for tools, but their chain is junk.
Most shops will spin up loops for you at cost of chain so unless you don't have that option you can skip buying the tooling, the spools come with master links, and packaging for individual chains anyway.

For 100'? Probably stolen, lol.
Last roll of Stihl .050 chiz I got was probably 5yrs ago and it was over $400

I was quoted approximately $400 for a roll last week. I was shown the suggested retail price on it, that was somewhere over $600.
Stihl has a tiered pricing program based on volume, so a dealer who moves a lot of chain gets it cheap, and some of them will sell it at very little markup.
Stihl also says their dealers aren't supposed to ship their chains, although some do.

Madsen's will ship rolls of Oregon, just sayin. I mean, I know it's not the greatest but if you have a breaker and a spinner, well, it might be worth it.
Id forgotten how nice they are there…haven’t ordered from them in years.
by the way, they have their Ore full chiz, sq ground skip for $299 on special. 😀

Latest posts

Back