Husky 346 value used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regular 261 still apart yet.
I did pick up a ht 101.. That's nicer then a 346 though. I'll look around the basement see if I find anything interesting.
Call yea if I do.

Did you run the 346 yet? In a tree it's snappier then an 026. On the ground( deck) I prefer the 026 (better torque/bottom end IMO)

Regular 261 still apart yet.
I did pick up a ht 101.. That's nicer then a 346 though. I'll look around the basement see if I find anything interesting.
Call yea if I do.

Did you run the 346 yet? In a tree it's snappier then an 026. On the ground( deck) I prefer the 026 (better torque/bottom end IMO)
We use it on the ground more thats why I want the Stihl.

I still don't understand the clutch cover thing. I'd never pay more just cause it had an orange one. Sure the grey shows wear faster, just look at the rest of the saw then. If it's a low hour well kept saw it will show itself and that's the part that matters.

I still don't understand the clutch cover thing. I'd never pay more just cause it had an orange one. Sure the grey shows wear faster, just look at the rest of the saw then. If it's a low hour well kept saw it will show itself and that's the part that matters.
It looks to me like a person could re-paint that cover and make it look pretty good. I guess they come out with a decal in the center?

I've seen several of those 346XP saws without a compression release. Is that an option or something?

the OE's didn't have compression releases. i've even heard a couple of the first NE's didn't either but i have never seen one. i don't like in small saw country so i don't see many.

Back