Husky 350 and 240S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ole Ramzilla wanted to get rid of his 350 and well I talked him out of it. He's a Stihl guy but I bet when he gets this 350 back he won't grab an 029 very often.:msp_biggrin:

I thought we were friends and then you cuss me like that! I may like the Husky but I will not go to the dark side. I will just get my Stihls ported. :hmm3grin2orange:

I was gonna ask you, I am gonna start looking for parts for that. Would the 340, 45, and 50 be the only ones I could use for covers and the carb? Any other model I can rape the cylinder and piston off to make it work?

2141/2145/2150 340/345/350 top ends all swap. With the 2150/350 you need the riser block. The closed port 2150/350 cylinder is the same as the 353. The difference is the 350/2150 have a dished piston just swap for the 353 flat top and you'll increase performance. The 346/2153 bolts right on using the shorter 346/2153 head bolts. The carbs are all zamas or walbros on those models. I prefer the walbro no performance difference that I can tell. The clutch covers and starter assemblies all swap with no problems and the top covers and all other mechanical parts as well. The 353/346 top covers I'm not sure about because I haven't tried it yet. Plastic boot clamps should be replaced regardless if it's good or not because they're prone to failure. Exhaust bolts easy way to keep them in place is get the saw warm turn the bolts snug let it cool down and repeat the process one more time. Doing that I've not had an issue.

Please note the metal boot clamp is a must and if the 346 swap You need the proper bolt pre 2003 and post 2003corse thread and fine thread.

Glad you liked this post I had a typo

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we were friends and then you cuss me like that! I may like the Husky but I will not go to the dark side. I will just get my Stihls ported. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you insist :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

uhhh you might want to look at the picture......it most likely isn't the one you are thinking of....:msp_mellow::msp_mellow: I know little about Husky's but the 240 I see in the picture looks pretty good.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

He didn't he just saw 240 and went off. I agree the new 240 is junk. The 240S(BOLD is for ST) is a good saw 40mm IIRC closed ports cyl. Mine are.
Shep

Guy in the next town over from me has a running 345 advertised on craigslist for $75, whish the guy would check his email or take down the add. Moody is starting to turn me over to the orange side.

I think ST didn't look at the pics and may be thinking of the newer version...
He didn't he just saw 240 and went off. I agree the new 240 is junk. The 240S(BOLD is for ST) is a good saw 40mm IIRC closed ports cyl. Mine are.
Shep

Yep - sorry!

...and it looks like the 240S have a top cover from a 40 or an early 44 on it.

.... That 240 seems solid. Why was the 240 so bad?

That 240 isn't, I was commenting on the wrong 240....

Last edited:
Guy in the next town over from me has a running 345 advertised on craigslist for $75, whish the guy would check his email or take down the add. Moody is starting to turn me over to the orange side.

Sounds like we may have to send Moody to camp if he keeps it up! :laugh:

Does the 350 come in either open port or closed port? How does one tell the difference and what is the purpose?

Does it have to do with the transfer ports?

Last edited:
Does the 350 come in either open port or closed port? How does one tell the difference and what is the purpose?

Does it have to do with the transfer ports?

This thread I started will have the information you need and if you don't find you answer in the first post I'll answer. But long story short it has everything to do with ports and bore size.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/237587.htm

I'll post pictures of open and closed port cylinders for you later

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they made several 3.7's. Mine has electronic ignition. I will have to get a picture of it for you. It's a real strong runner, lot's of guts. Also have one for spare parts. Was my first chainsaw 34 years ago and still going strong. Performed right with my cousins 041 Farmboss.
View attachment 301425View attachment 301426

Finally figured how to load pictures. Had to go a different direction is all.
Here are pictures of my 30+ year old Craftsman 3.7 by Roper. I understand they also made a vertical engine too.

Back