Husky 350 makin' me look stupid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beezvet

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I know, I know; it probably doesn't take much. But, I'm trying to resuscitate an older Husqvarna 350 that had fallen on rough times. Its owner has gone to that big forest in the sky, so I don't have particulars. But the top cover was bashed in, one bar bolt knocked into the oil tank, chain brake assembly a little bent, etc, etc. My problem is this: despite having a big fat spark and new carb, it won't even pop after squirting a shot of starting fluid in the spark plug hole and then cranking it. Seems it should at least smoke a little or something. Compression seems normal to maybe a little low for a saw its size, so the spark shouldn't be suppressed by it. Ideas???

Apologies to all. Upon re-inspection, the Husky showed deep scoring of piston and cylinder on exhaust side. Further inspection showed ring seized in same location, probably from heat. Any preferences (or avoidances) out there on piston/cylinder kits?

Back