• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiih8r

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought this saw a little while back with a leaking gas tank. It turned out to also have a pretty scored piston so I decided to go through the entire saw. Here is a list of items I replaced:

Gas tank/handle assembly (farmertec/hutzl)
P&C kit (Tecomec)
Piston bearing (Stihl OEM)
Crank bearings (Stihl OEM)
Full OEM seal/gasket set (case gasket, crank bearing seals, cylinder gasket, muffler gasket)
Clutch bearing (aftermarket, don't know brand, I would assume chinese)
Shutter (Stihl OEM)
Muffler assembly (farmertex/hutzl)
Spark plug (NGK)
Elastostart handle/cord assembly (Stihl OEM)

All other parts are OEM and I would assume to be the originals. All replaced parts were brand new parts bought by me. Everything else on the saw had the stihl engraving and part numbers when taking it apart. I've run exactly 3 tanks of motomix through is and it runs great. Also left it full of bar oil and gas for a week to make sure there were no leaks. All of the aftermarket parts work great and seem to be of very good quality (I was surprised being from china). Everything else on the saw was good to go, no cracks, no missing fins on the recoil cover. There is some rash on the plastic inside the clutch cover (pictured) that should be noted but nothing that affects function.

The only real issues with the saw was the leaking gas tank and missing shutter. Despite being pretty scored the OEM cylinder and piston had good compression (165 psi) and ran. The bearings and seals were gone through just to freshen up the saw while it was that far apart considering it appears to have had some good use on it. The only bearing that was not replaced was the lower rod bearing but there was nothing wrong with it (or the other bearings) so I just didn't deal with it The muffler was replaced due to the original having a loose baffle and rattling, when I installed I actually used a gasket on each side of the shield place and there was still ample (9) threads going into the jug.

I can include the original jug and piston with the saw otherwise they're going in the trash. I can also include the original muffler, I know some people remove the baffle that was rattling so it would be an ideal candidate for that and maybe picking up some extra power. I also purchased a set of aftermarket covers but didn't utilize them because they're two entirely different shades of orange and just look bad. I've asked for a return from the store because of that but if they won't accept the return by time the saw sells I can include them as well if you'd like. The factory covers do have some cracks but otherwise work as they should.

I'd like to get $400 for the PHO and that includes shipping to the lower 48 states. No international shipping. If you're local to me on the western side of Northern Virginia I'll knock off $50 for shipping costs and you can also test the saw if you'd like. I also have a 25" Stihl ES bar and Oregon chain I'll include for an additional $50.

I'll entertain trades but I just bought a new 461 which was the last saw I was really looking for so I'm not looking for anything in particular.

Pics to follow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
More images

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
I heard it's because they're made of unicorn farts and glitter so if you own one then you love men.

Latest posts

Back