husky 350 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggun

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a husky 350 and would like it to get through the big stuff a lot faster. any one know any "tricks"? muffler mods, porting, ect.

younggun said:
i have a husky 350 and would like it to get through the big stuff a lot faster. any one know any "tricks"? muffler mods, porting, ect.

When you say big stuff what diameter are you referring to?

I'd imagine that using the right, sharp chain for the job you're tackling would be the first step to getting as much out of the 350 as you can. Then I'd look at making sure that the saw was properly tuned for power and performance. And after that, if I still wanted more out of it, I'd open up the muffler a bit (or have someone do it for you).

I can't imagine it being worthwhile to do much more than that to a 350.

younggun said:
12" and up

Run a good chisel chain, get the muffler modded and start looking for a big brother for that 350...it needs a 372 to look up to:D

Seriously, if you're cutting a lot of 12" wood and up you're cut time will be halved at least by adding a 60-70cc saw...It's your call on what that time difference is worth.

Are you planning to stick w/ one saw or add another within the next 6-12mos?

Chaser

the chin is prity sharp allready its throin' chips about 1 1/2" long and a 16th" thick, as far as tuning tis still at the factory setings.

part of what i use this saw for is chunking down spars after it gets too thick or hard for top handled saws so weight is kind of an issue

wagonwheeler said:
Run a good chisel chain, get the muffler modded and start looking for a big brother for that 350...it needs a 372 to look up to:D

Seriously, if you're cutting a lot of 12" wood and up you're cut time will be halved at least by adding a 60-70cc saw...It's your call on what that time difference is worth.

Are you planning to stick w/ one saw or add another within the next 6-12mos?

Chaser

I agree. I suspected as much when I asked the question of what diameter was he planning to cut Relative to the 350 you will find there will be no substitute for displacement if you plan to be cutting larger wood. I'd still muffler mod the 350 but at the same time considering another larger saw.

i am planing on geting a 357 later but work is scarce right now so all my cash is tied up elseware, so the 350 will have to do for a little wile

Back