Husky 350 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodheater

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this site and lovin it! I'm a weekend warrior that heats exclusively with wood. I have an '05 350 that I am very happy with. It's my smallest saw. The more I use it the less I like luggin the bigger saws around. I recently did a small "sleeper" muffler mod and noticed a gain for sure. Looking to do some other "sleeper" mods. My questions are....
-How do I tell if my saw has a 44 or 45mm piston?
-I am told that the stock piston is dished. Is there an oem or aftermarket flat top piston that will fit the 350's?
-I have read where some guys suggested putting a 346xp top end on the 350 to gain some HP. What makes the xp top end better? Compression? Port volume? Port timing? Skirt length or shape? Combustion chamber volume or shape? The xp actually has less displacement than the 350 so it seems to me that with the proper mods the 350 top end should run even better than the xp.
I have lots of high performance engine experience and the skills to do quality modding but I wanna make sure I am moving in the best direction. I can get a 346xp top end to use or to copy ports and such from if thats the best move but it just seems silly to me to go down in displacement to gain performance. Thanks fellas.
Mark

If you are going to keep it as a small work saw, leave the 350 topend on it.

remove the top cover and there should be a blue 44 or 45 painted on the cylinder. If not, measure it through the exhaust port.

Widening the ports and addressing the transfers will help temendously. I wouldn't go too wild in any port work with the plastic crankcase.

Latest posts

Back