Husky 350 No Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twbuild

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked up a 350 a while back the old Echo just was not cutting it anymore. After going through 2 chains I read the manual found out I can adjust the oil output. I turned it all the way up, ran the saw with the chain off plenty of oil coming out. Then I cleaned the saw, then made sure the spocket nose was free & clean, used a knife & blow gun to clean the bar & oil holes. Put it all back together it barely puts oil on the chain. I went though the cleaning process several times. HELP

oil

1. baring aside a plugged or improper bar check the plastic gear that runs the oiler they strip out it is under the clutch on the crank. the adjuster on some as 3 settings so it is not entirely variable.:buttkick:

Thanks I will check it tomorrow, but I have only run about 10 tanks of gas through it.

How did you go through two chains while using only 10 tanks of fuel.....? If the wood is clean, you should have only had to sharpen one chain a couple times....

Careful cutting techniques make it easy to avoid dulling chains....

No oil

I did not realize that the chain was not getting any oil. Well very little oil any way. I finally figured out what the problem is. Now I have to figure out why. Any thoughts?

Took it apart the plastic gear looks good. Took the cover of checked the adjustment screw & it looks like it is working as is the worm gear. How much oil am I supposed to get on the chain? With the chain cover, the chain & bar all off I ran the saw plenty of oil comes out of the port. When I put it back together I run the saw wide open about 30 seconds pointing it at a piece of cardboard I barely see any oil splatter on the cardboard. Plus the chain is so hot you could not hold it for long.

if you have oil coming out your oil port with the bar off start looking at the bar and the holes in it.:help:

Excellent idea Jim. I would think the hole is not lined up with the oil slot. There is a bar that will fit the saw and adjustment holes but not the line up with the oil slot. Jim is the problem solver with common sense. Rare commodity on this forum. Mike

My 350 only has a couple tanks through it but it seems to oil alright. I think the oiler is set at the middle setting with a 16" bar.

What brand of bar oil/viscosity have you been using? I'm using Husqvarna oil and it sems quite thick.

:greenchainsaw:

16:1mix said:
My 350 only has a couple tanks through it but it seems to oil alright. I think the oiler is set at the middle setting with a 16" bar.

What brand of bar oil/viscosity have you been using? I'm using Husqvarna oil and it sems quite thick.

:greenchainsaw:
Yeah, the new husky oil is very thick. it seemed to change when they went to the new bottles. What everyone needs to watch out for is that this thicker oil will definately take out the oil pump drive gears if used in cold weather.

I am using the Husky oil That came with the saw. I tore the saw down again, took the pump apart cleaned eveything. Seems to be working better.

Latest posts

Back