Husky 350 or Stihl 028?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an unused Husky 350 with a 20" Carlton Premium Sprocket Tip bar and WoodsmanPRO 28RC. I also have a Stihl 028 Super AV with a new 20" Sabre (Baileys closeout) bar and WoodsmanPRO 20RC. I have gone completely thru the Stihl with a carb kit, rings, new air filter, rubber, oil/gas caps and new rim sprocket/drum. It has 175# of compression and runs and drives perfectly. I used it all weekend and was impressed with it. I was planning on selling the Stihl with the (sudden) acquisition of the Husky 350, but now I am not so sure????? I know I should just keep both and probably will, but if one had to go - which one would you guys keep?

keep the 028

I have no experience with the Husky but I have an 028WB that I've been using for near 20 years and it has never given me a bit of trouble. A very good quality saw as far as I'm concerned. My brother and dad have been through 4 or 5 cheapo saws in this time and my 028 just keeps on cutting.

2 saws is not 1 too many....:)

I'd keep both of them. For what you'll get for the 028 you can't come close to replacing it.

Look at it this way. If you only have the one saw, what would you use to cut the saw out of a tree with when it gets stuck(pinched) into a cut. That back up sure would look handy at a time like that. When i go to play in the woods, I always carry at least 2 saws to my cutting site. Better safe then sorry. Plus I am still learning and make mistakes.

I had one of them Stihl 028 Super AV 's and you will really like it over te 350 husky alot ....If it was me keep the 028 and get rid of the 350 and don't look back....

Allan

I would keep both as well but if one had to go it would be the 028. I had a 028 and was a little disapointed with it but i hear they are good saws.Anyway you can never have to many saws. :greenchainsaw:

Well let's put it this way.....The 028 will out last the Husk 350 by farrrrrrrr.....Husky 350--.For one the crankcase where the brearing sit is light plastic not metal the stihl's 028 is casted metal.. I know at least 7 tree service comp. that use the 028 nota propblem with them ..Heck the wish that still made them like that now days.so they tell me aways . I sold mine to a good friend of mine about 7 years ago..He was using husky and poulans now he swears by stihl and only stihl..He uses that saw to cut over 14 cords of wood a year with it .. The only things it ever needed was a new spark plug, chain,bar,sprocket, rim, air filter and one carb overhaul....Thats it..I mean the saw runs everyday around his place and everywhere else ....He heats with wood and sells it to..And that is is main saw besides a 038 stihl..That is all he owns....But he does keep really good care of them..Yes I am a HUGE Stihl Fan:greenchainsaw: Come to think of it tree service comps,county goverment ,town goverment, and powerline ppl run all Stihls for many miles around .....If you want to get a husky 350 go to the 353 I don't thin it as a plastic crankcase that coould melt of some reason...( Yes I know the low end models of stihl use a plactic for there tanks and etc .. But there engine in in close in a cast ....Not plastic...

Allan.K

Last edited:
For what you'll get for the 028 you can't come close to replacing it.[/QUOTE] Thanks a fact...:cheers:

Just to let all know I tried out a Husky 345xp VS the MS260pro...I took The Stihl with no questoins asked.. Just felt smoother and more torq then the 346xp ....I do like husky's .Only the non plastic crankcase models...lol...Yes some day I do plan buy a 346xp to work as hard as i do with my 026,MS260pro and see what one holds up the best before heading in my shop..For tinkering .. I just thought I would tell you I am not a total bias with saws..

Al

Back