Husky 350 Port Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just surprised @ how much INT Duration the 350 has now...is that a little saw thing??

spit back at high RPM = loss of fuel charge, and tough to tune, I'd think??

Doesn't sound fun...

Although, I have seen STOCK saws do that...maybe just cause the air cleaner was off.. :confused:

thanks for the input Will...picked up a couple parts/pieces of 372 today for ya...

J

Nice! I love those 372's!

Most all of these saws have 14x°-15x° intake duration.

Most all of these saws have 14x°-15x° intake duration.

Meaning 340/345/346/350/351/353 series?

Thoughts as to why? They obviously run DAMN good...just lookin for some theory thoughts....:D

Nice! I love those 372's!

got any spare parts?? :D needin a muffler, brake handle, recoil, CRANK and clutch cover...I'll have extras of other parts... :D

Meaning 340/345/346/350/351/353 series?

Thoughts as to why? They obviously run DAMN good...just lookin for some theory thoughts....:D

got any spare parts?? :D needin a muffler, brake handle, recoil, CRANK and clutch cover...I'll have extras of other parts... :D

I have a clutch cover looks like **** though. Should have an extra brake handle, I also have an extra muffler, its got a dual outlet on the front. I need a full wrap he he he, clutch bearing, washer and c-clip.

I have a clutch cover looks like **** though. Should have an extra brake handle, I also have an extra muffler, its got a dual outlet on the front. I need a full wrap he he he, clutch bearing, washer and c-clip.

OH!!! custom exhaust! lol

why would you needIhaveanewa full wrap handle? I would think they are plentiful up there... I've nevercan'tbelieveIfound a full wrap saw round here...hewer anyway...

What is up with the cover? needing a repaint??

No, meaning nearly ALL modern saws. There's nothing unusual at all about the intake duration on these saws.

I found duration on the 268/272 to be right @ 140...thought the 350 was CRAZY high, comparatively...

OH!!! custom exhaust! lol

why would you needIhaveanewa full wrap handle? I would think they are plentiful up there... I've nevercan'tbelieveIfound a full wrap saw round here...hewer anyway...

What is up with the cover? needing a repaint??

Ya needs repaint. Yes allot of saws around here have full wraps. Just the last 2 saws I got had half wrap.

now this is the htread ive been loking for...not sure why i couldn't find it in the search function.....thanks to a fellow member for pointing me to this awesome thread....i got a 350 that will run like that....but i didnt port it...i just put it together.

Bringing this one back, i hope....

I was searching through looking for some pic's of a ported 2150 cylinder to see how far you can go with porting them, and this thread fits well with what I want to do with mine. Well mine is the red version, but the same saw, other than the plastics. I have to swap the body to another one I have laying around because this one has a melted body from a loose muffler. The pic's are great in this thread and will help guide me on my own porting job. I plan on using a walbro 199 from a 357xp and will see if it works better than the zama. I didn't get the 353 piston yet but some will be glad to hear Meteor now sells an aftermarket 353 piston. I noticed that bsnelling had to use one from a 51 husky instead. I shaved 1mm from the top of the factory dish top piston, and 1.5mm from the riser to increase compression a bit for now. I will also be tossing the base gasket so I will need to check my squish again, but it should be ok. I have also smoothed out the flow on the riser and removed the transfer dividers on it to promote better flow. I haven't heard of anyone doing port work to the riser before (as in removing the transfer dividers and smoothing things out) but thought I'd try it and see what happens. I will post some pic's soon and more as I go if anyone is interested in seeing an amature at work.

I thought of that but figured members would like to see the other pic's from the real saw builder to see what it should look like. I'm sure mine will not come out as well, but if I am suppose to start my own thread, I will.

Latest posts

Back