husky 350 vs ms 290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Cutting firewood 18" dia. hardwood, Just curious which you would prefer and why? Thanks

Husky 372xp is great for bucking up wood, If you are looking for a lighter alternative the 361 stihl has a great power to weight ratio. I know either of these two were in question but from my experience those are the 2 I would recomend.

Cutting firewood 18" dia. hardwood, Just curious which you would prefer and why? Thanks

I have had great luck with 290's. That is what I started my firewood buisness with. With proper maintence you can not kill them. I do not have any experience with a 350 but in general I find some parts on HUSKEYS to be a little less durable. Espically the choke. If you let someone use you huskey and they move that choke the wrong way it is gona break. Handle each one and decide which one you like better.

Husky 372xp is great for bucking up wood, If you are looking for a lighter alternative the 361 stihl has a great power to weight ratio. I know either of these two were in question but from my experience those are the 2 I would recomend.

NEW ARBORSITE RECORD, ONLY 1 RESPONCE BEFORE THE TOPIC IS CHANGED TO THE 361!

LOL. This is becoming a bit ridiculous. I know it's a good saw, but jeez...

The Dolmar 5100 has gotten a lot of priase around here. It may be worth looking into if there's dealer support in your area. I think it's about the same price as the MS 290 too. I've got an MS 310. I love it.

Last edited:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

some people are just to dedicated or maybe they are Stihl representetives in disguise!

7sleeper

LOL. This is becoming a bit ridiculous. I know it's a good saw, but jeez...

Well said!

Q- Im thinking about quiting chewing, what should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- My tractor is missing under load on hot days, What should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- We are in a terrible dry spell and bugs are eating my crops, Should I pay for PEST spraying and bye an irrigation system?

AS A- NO YOU IDIOT, GET A 361

And of course we know what to do if you should become impotent, Get a 361:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Sorry guy's, I guess maybe I should do some more reading here before I post my opinions. I actually just got a 361 for a climbing saw while working with the crane on big removals. I have always run husky's for the most part and was impressed with the 361 in comparison to the 359 it replaced.

I SWEAR by the 350, I don't go to cut wood, or show up on a job site without that saw!!! Seriously!! My 192t took a crap yesterday, I finished the climbing with the 350. I did most of the rest with my 046, needed to trim a couple of low branches, the 350 came back out.

One saw plan on a low budget, get a 350!!!! Yes, I think it's that good!!!

Sorry guy's, I guess maybe I should do some more reading here before I post my opinions. I actually just got a 361 for a climbing saw while working with the crane on big removals. I have always run husky's for the most part and was impressed with the 361 in comparison to the 359 it replaced.

No need to apologize, Every ones opinion is welcome here,(well almost every ones). You have a good saw as you know. It has just become somewhat of a joke here as many threads end up with a 361 suggestion. Welcome to the site.

I SWEAR by the 350, I don't go to cut wood, or show up on a job site without that saw!!! .

Another vote for the 350. Hurry, they are destined to be replaced with the model 450 that has inferior specs & pollution control features we would like to be without.

My 'goto' saw is my 350 w/16"

No need to apologize, Every ones opinion is welcome here,(well almost every ones). You have a good saw as you know. It has just become somewhat of a joke here as many threads end up with a 361 suggestion. Welcome to the site.

Got it!!, from one look at your sig it seems you have covered the 361 topic on a regular basis. Dam NEW-BE'S:greenchainsaw:

He didn't ask 372 or 361!

I SWEAR by the 350, I don't go to cut wood, or show up on a job site without that saw!!! Seriously!! My 192t took a crap yesterday, I finished the climbing with the 350. I did most of the rest with my 046, needed to trim a couple of low branches, the 350 came back out.

My dad is retired from tree removal/excavation , he is 78 and we bought him a 350 for his birthday last year and he loves it and runs it like he's 18. For the money you cant beat it.

Which saw do you like better?

Both are popular models with well earned rep. If the 290 doesn't feel bad or awkward in your hands, you might be better served. If your truly cutting 18" hardwoods, it wouldn't hurt to have the extra power.

Well said!

Q- Im thinking about quiting chewing, what should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- My tractor is missing under load on hot days, What should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- We are in a terrible dry spell and bugs are eating my crops, Should I pay for PEST spraying and bye an irrigation system?

AS A- NO YOU IDIOT, GET A 361

And of course we know what to do if you should become impotent, Get a 361:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It turns out that the reason the Hail Mary pass worked in the Super Bowl is because Eli Manning bought a 361 the day before the game.

And my Dad told me that General Eisenhower had one with him on D-day.

350 is smoother, lighter by a good 2 pounds, and uses less fuel. 290 will have more torque for big wood, but not that much more.

I like the 350, hate the 290. If you have a 361, there is no reason to EVER, EVER pick up the 290. The 361 has more power, is lighter, smoother, and better looking than the 290.

If you just want a saw for the Groundies to stick in the dirt, the 290 will be perfect:cheers:

Yep. Very well said. Mine might still be new in the box but i know they're good saws.

Latest posts

Back