Husky 350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just rebuilt a 350 with a Huztl kit.

Saw had the plastic intake clamp, boot was very loose on the intake spigot. Likely the reason it melted down.

I used a decent quality zip tie around the clamp tangs to tighten it up, seems to work fine.
Plastic will deform causing an air leak, put the metal clamp on it before you toast your piston..

These are also prone to having the muffler bolts loosen up.
It's a good idea to add a front muffler brace, either make something up or mod a 353/346 part.

Check that a loose muffler hasn't melted the top of the oil tank, not necessarily a big deal if it's not leaking and/or patched but detracts from the value some.
One of my good friends ran his with loose muffler bolts and melted the case so badly that the chain brake can no longer be held in place. He now runs it without a chain brake. The saw works, but there is nothing left on the right side of the case to fasten the chain brake.

One of my good friends ran his with loose muffler bolts and melted the case so badly that the chain brake can no longer be held in place. He now runs it without a chain brake. The saw works, but there is nothing left on the right side of the case to fasten the chain brake.
Nice thing about that is a used case will run about $40 delivered, and might take an hr and a half to swap.:cool:

I cannot find a Husky 350 case, used or new on e-Bay anywhere. Dead end. It's not even considered a replacement part, so I guess you folks want me to buy a complete non-runner and work from there. Most of those are well over $100.

Looks only medium rare, a little toasted like that is usually fine.
I've seen them pretty blackened and distorted and still perfectly functional, the plastic there on the oil tank is fairly thick...

Latest posts

Back