Husky 350XP leaking from around intake boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am trying to reassemble my Husky 350 and am doing a pressure/vac test.

I can't get any pressure or vacuum as it sounds like its leaking around where the intake boot makes contact with the cylinder.

There is a flimsy plastic clip type thing that clips in place, but it seems too loose to create any type of seal.

Is this simply a case of replacing the intake boot as these wear out ?

See attached pic.View attachment 308559

That plastic clamp thing is a known failure part and need modified or replaced!!

It's not an xp but a good saw. This is a simple fix. Buy a 372 metal boot clamp clip the original plastic clamp off install and you're good to go.

It's not an xp but a good saw. This is a simple fix. Buy a 372 metal boot clamp clip the original plastic clamp off install and you're good to go.

Ahhhh my bad!!....again

Was too lazy to get up and double check :D

That's the second time i've managed to call it something its not! :p

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I'm thinking this is what originally caused the saw to seize.

Cheers & Beers guys

Matt

Are the metal boot clamps anything more then a pipe clamp ?

Wondering if I can get one from the hardware store or if its an actual specialized part ?

The chainsaw clamp is much more narrow than a automotive heater hose clamp

You have to put the boot on the cylinder with the cylinder off the saw and then install them together.

When re-doing the plastic clamp assembly to take a metal clamp, in addition to cutting the old plastic band out of the way, seems like I remember another protrusion that needs to be removed before the metal 372 clamp will fit well?

Ok too easy.

I will order a clamp today.

Just removed and filed down the old clamp. Will post a pic and let you know what else needs to be removed. Hopefully will come in handy for someone else down the track.

Matt

Are the metal boot clamps anything more then a pipe clamp ?

Wondering if I can get one from the hardware store or if its an actual specialized part ?

Automotive clamps will shred a boot without you even knowing. Don't ask me how I know. The OEM 372 isn't much more expensive than them anyways.

There is a oem replacement metal clamp available for the 350/346 etc. Whatever type you use,you still need to pressure test when done. I've had the screw type clamps leak.

Got my replacement metal clamp from a 372, cut the old band out the way..I just removed a minimal amount so that it was all flush and smooth around but the band was just too small...talking 2mm and wouldn't fit around the intake so I removed all the old plastic clamp and it fits properly now but....seems to be leaking from the impulse tube and back into the carby when pressure testing..
It seems that I have cut too much of the old plastic band off which was holding the rubber to the partition plate, so...warning to others.. Don't cut too much off :p

So off to scourer the net and randysengine repairs for a replacement one!

Will post updates as soon as I get back into it, but in the meantime, here is a pic of what NOT to do..

Matt

There's an updated replacement plastic partition and metal clamp assembly available from Husqvarna. Costs a bit less than $8. The metal clamp snaps together..........with some difficulty. You have to remove the cylinder along with the boot and install the clamp and such off of the saw. You can use a 372XP boot clamp instead of the 'snap together' clamp. It's a tight fit getting the clamp screw started....

537251302 is the # for the updated clamp setup.

http://www.baileysonline.com/Parts/...OLD-PARTITION-340-345-346-350-351-357-359.axd

537251302.jpg

That little ring is only there to hold things in place until you snap the clamp together. Afterwards, you discard it...

Last edited:
Ordered the OEM husky replacement clamp and intake , cost $18 Aussie dollars.
Should arrive next week sometime.

Should have the saw running by xmas at this rate :p

Back