Husky 351 - need advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmerboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have this husqvarna 351 that I need some advise on. It needs a new piston at the vert least, but haven’t yet checked if the cylinder is salvageable. So my question is, should I bother trying to salvage the cylinder or are much better alternatives available? It’s a Mahle 44ZD11++W2. Are there quality AM for these models as I’m trying to keep rebuild costs down.

I've gotten piston/cylinder kits from E-bay for that model that were serviceable....I didn't run them for long to see about durability, but I would do it again.

Ok, I’ve cleaned up the cylinder and it looks really good, so will just order a piston kit. The saw will get some work and I count on it’s reliability. So other than new seals, are there other parts that would be recommended to replace?

Replace the plastic intake clamp. Don't use a junk Chinese ring and piston.
Will do. I’m assuming that’s that plastic thingy that was loosely hanging on the rubber intake boot. I couldn’t see how it can be tightened, so assumed it broke

Will do. I’m assuming that’s that plastic thingy that was loosely hanging on the rubber intake boot. I couldn’t see how it can be tightened, so assumed it broke
No they're just that loose. Husky has an upgraded partition wall and clamp, or you can bust the ears off and use an OE 372 or 390 intake clamp with the existing setup.

Latest posts

Back