Husky 357XP leaking bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumb question

How do you get the filter screen out? Is it not bigger than the hose itself to pull through? I looked at it in the oil tank and it does not reach to where I can get at it through the fill opening (or maybe I am wrong).

Stihl025, Pest is correct it will fit through the hole. You can swap the filters in your hand. I have included the service manual for you saw. If you would like an illustrated parts list with part #s please give me your serial # and I will give you the one for your year of saw. The 357XP is an awesome saw. I hope that you have good luck with it once you repair the leakage problem.

Stihl025, Pest is correct it will fit through the hole. You can swap the filters in your hand. I have included the service manual for you saw. If you would like an illustrated parts list with part #s please give me your serial # and I will give you the one for your year of saw. The 357XP is an awesome saw. I hope that you have good luck with it once you repair the leakage problem.
I realize that ³

I realize that this is an old post but I have a question. When I went to pull the oil tube out of the tank there was a rubber flap stopping the screen from coming out. With a little wiggling with a wire I got it out of the way and tube out. What is that rubber flap??

Well, I went back and completely disassembled and cleaned everything. I think that my problem lies with the oiler hose that comes from the tank to the rear of the oiler. I may just order a new one. Not sure if it shrunk or what, but it does not seem to make a real good seal to the rear of the oiler. Everything else seems to be okay though.
My 359 does the same thing but my newer 550xp doesn’t

My 346 siphons oil out over a few days after being used. Even with relieving pressure from the cap. I’ll look into it this fall when I’m done cutting wood.

Latest posts

Back